Virginia Tech Ticket Ideas

So a couple buddies and myself are debating going to the VT game. We're only students at UNL with season tickets (no donors), so getting the allotted tickets from VT is out of the question. Current Stubhub prices start at $240, which is super high. My roommate thinks that ticket prices will only get higher, while a different friend thinks that they will drop after the season starts (especially after the VT-Alabama game). Should we wait? I'd rather not spend over $200 on a ticket for the game. Do you think the prices will drop? Is there another route we should explore to find tickets? Thanks so much for the help and GBR!

So a couple buddies and myself are debating going to the VT game. We're only students at UNL with season tickets (no donors), so getting the allotted tickets from VT is out of the question. Current Stubhub prices start at $240, which is super high. My roommate thinks that ticket prices will only get higher, while a different friend thinks that they will drop after the season starts (especially after the VT-Alabama game). Should we wait? I'd rather not spend over $200 on a ticket for the game. Do you think the prices will drop? Is there another route we should explore to find tickets? Thanks so much for the help and GBR!

Based on past experience I don't think tickets online would go down too much, even (and God forbid) a VT loss to Bama in the opener. Unless we get blown out at home in week 2 against Marshall I think tickets will remain fairly high. VT fans are loyal and NU is an attractive team to have in town. When we have friends in town they often try to get the tickets outside the stadium on game day and often do better than the prices online. I know that is risky after making the trip from Lincoln, but realistically you may be better off financially. However, with that strategy you are probably guaranteed to stand in the middle of the Hokie fans with all its pros and cons.... On the flip side, game days in Blacksburg are great and if you are willing to make the investment of traveling from NE to VA you probably should secure your ticket well in advance. Not sure if that helped...

I searched hi and low for the better part of 2 days and the absolute lowest ticket I could find ran me 235 dollars (300 when it was said and done). You're gonna have to shell out some cash to be there for sure for this one. Wake Forest was a million times easier.

I figured it's probably gonna be at least 10 years before I get to see them in person again, barring a rare trip back home at some point, so paying that much doesn't bother me too much.