12-4 UNDER BO PELLINI- THE NEW REGIME

Twodocs

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sports/a...t-59776567.html

Since Pelini took over last season, they are 12-4, suggesting their turnaround is well on its way. Pelini downplayed the obstacle that playing as underdogs in a raucous stadium could present his young team, a view shared by his disruptive nose tackle, Ndamukong Suh.

"I don't see us as an underdog. It's your guys' opinion," Suh said. "I know what our team has. I know what we can do. We're one of those teams that I feel can win in Blacksburg."

If they are, they'd be the first non-conference opponent to do it in 31 games.

The Huskers, Suh said, would do well to adopt a rallying cry familiar to the Hokies'.

"They play with a chip on their shoulder," he said. "We're a very historic program, well known, and we're in position where we need to play back up to that level, and you could say that's our chip on the shoulder. We want to get back to how we know we can play."

Watching film of the Hokies, Pelini saw other attributes he wants in his program, too.

"I love the physicality with which they play," he said. "They do a lot of things in that program that anybody in this profession would want to take a good hard look at. I would love our program to be about some of the principles of coach Beamer. ... It's not a year here, a year there. He's done it over a long period of time. That's something to be proud of."

It's also something the Hokies hope to improve on come Saturday.

"Last year was amazing," linebacker Cam Martin said. "All my life, I watched Nebraska on TV and I've just seen the big sea of red. Going out there and playing was something surreal.

"Coming out of there with a victory was big for us, and to have them coming here, ... it's a big game for us. It's going to be crazy around here. I feel like that's why everybody came to Virginia Tech, to play in a game like this. It's going to be amazing out there."