Balanced Offense

How many teams in the nation do you think has the run/pass balance that our offense has right now? For the folks that wanted a balanced attack here you go.

Rushing 96 attempts 602 yards

Passing 96 attempts 725 yards

That would be exactly a 50/50 split.

In comparison after 3 games last year it was 165 rushing to 87 passing

After 3 games in 2007 it was 132 rushing to 121 passing

After 3 games in 2006 it was 134 rushing to 67 passing

2004 in Billy C’s first year of “pass happy ball” it was 126 rushing to 96 passing

2003 when Solich fired himself for Cotton’s more “balanced” attack it was 201 rushing to 39 passing

After 3 games in 2001 it was 162 rushing to 43 passing

After 3 games in 1995 it was 168 rushing to 54 passing

It will be interesting to see if this trend keeps up. I for one think it is pretty cool because how can a defense decide on what they want to key on when you do both aspects the same amount of time.

interesting pot.

Actually that wasn’t my intent with this thread.

I was actually looking up this years stats vs. last years because in a different thread someone stated that we may be relying on the run more this year then last. I didn’t think we had been so I was looking up the stats to back my argument. While doing this I noticed that we had ran the exact same amount of run plays as we have passing plays.

Ok maybe the “pass happy Billy Ball” or calling Cotton’s offense “balanced” but nothing else. <_<

interesting pot.

Actually that wasn’t my intent with this thread.

I was actually looking up this years stats vs. last years because in a different thread someone stated that we may be relying on the run more this year then last. I didn’t think we had been so I was looking up the stats to back my argument. While doing this I noticed that we had ran the exact same amount of run plays as we have passing plays.

Ok maybe the “pass happy Billy Ball” or calling Cotton’s offense “balanced” but nothing else. <_<

Typo on my part. Sorry about that