Concerning Fans From The Big Who Post Here

As I have said before I have been a fan since the 71 Game of the Centrury. Nebraska, for the 30 years enjoyed unparralled success. The Huskers were in a bowl game every year. They had a shot at the National Championship nearly every year, and on five occasions they won the National Championship. The Huskers and the Sooners dominated the Big Eight, which was also called the big two with the 6 little sister. Some of the Conference teams waited 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 even 30 years before they could enjoy a win over the Huskers. With the retirement of Coach Osborne and soon after the firing of Coach Solich the Huskers fell on some hard times. The NCAA also changed the rules on scholarships and recruiting making it easier for teamsto earn parity.

Now its 2009 and the weeks before conference games the board picks up some fans from the opposing team. Some of these fans are trollers and flamers. Its never a lot of fun to deal with these posters and actually they are a detriment to the board. This by no means includes all posters from other schools. Killer Cacti, IV Hokies, Beach Buffs and Fro Daddy, to name a few, are all welcome posters and in many cases a lot of fun to go back and forth with.

I have come to the conclusion that the Huskers are victims of their own success. For years the Huskers won and won and won. Some of those wins weren't very pretty. I remember a game at K-State that could have been a Husker home game there was so much RED in the stands. I can understand how fans from other schools can have a deep seated dis-like for the Huskers. I don't condone what they do but I kind of see why they are the way they are.

T_O_B

:bonez:bonez:bonez

I have come to the conclusion that the Huskers are victims of their own success. For years the Huskers won and won and won.

I see evidence of that here in Missouri. Many Mizzousier fans are very bitter about the Huskers' football dominance of the past 45 or so years. It goes to the point of just being outright non-logical. They cannot see the greatness of the Nebraska football program, the University, or the loyal fan base, because they are just so emotionally wrapped up in the history of their team losing.

GBR!