KSU player robs Snyder...literally

kramer

Former KSU Football Player Arrested For Theft

Former KSU Football Player Arrested For Theft

The ongoing saga of former K-State offensive lineman Chris Boggas took another strange turn Wednesday, as the former 5-star recruit from Texas was arrested on theft charges and given a $10,000 bond. The charges stem from the theft of six signed baseballs from the home of coach Bill Snyder.

The baseballs were taken sometime between 1:00-4:40am Wednesday morning, according to RCPD Lt. Tim Hegarty. Bill Snyder was away on a trip but was expected back in the office sometime today (Thursday). The call to RCPD reporting the theft was made at 4:40am from Snyder's daughter, Ryanne (also known as Whitney, age 19), who was hosting a "small gathering of friends" at her father's house. The baseballs were each signed by a different New York Yankee player, Mickey Mantle, Joe DiMaggio, Whitey Ford, Paul O'Neill, Phil Rizzuto, and Yogi Berra. The baseballs were valued at $10,000, the same amount as Boggas' bond. The baseballs have not been recovered.

Boggas was arrested around 8:30pm Wednesday night due to "probable cause" through the investigation. RCPD Lt. Tim Hegarty reports there could be additional charges filed as the investigation is ongoing, but "it's unlikely" any other individual arrests will be made.

Boggas came to Kansas State as the most decorated high school recruit in the Bill Snyder era. A 5-star recruit from Irving, Texas, Boggas enjoyed limited success in his first redshirt season with K-State and then left the team and returned home to Texas. After taking a season off, Boggas returned to K-State's program promising a renewed focus. Boggas served as a backup offensive guard with the Wildcats as a junior earning starter status as a senior. He would quit the team during his last year with K-State after losing his starting job.

(Cathy Dawes, Marshall Ice, Brian Smoller)

Yeah I put that in behind the woodshed cause I didnt want to offend any gentle souls out here in the light of day :)

Hey Huskerfan66 I have that banner(your avatar) in my garage. Authentic sold it to me right off the ceiling since I was flying home