Ever since the westcoast offense was implemented in Nebraska..

USC is in a prospect rich environment, unlike Nebraska. I think scheme is that much more important at a place like NU because you will not consistently get top 5 recruiting classes like a Texas or SC. Making players go from the coast to a school that is "in the middle of nowhere" is really tough. The vast majority of players on GT are from nearby the Atlanta area and that is not a coincidence. Nearby Lincoln does not have but a couple D1 football players per year.

Oh, if only even a small percentage of NU fans could understand that..... :hmmph ....but "NOOOOO" we have to pretend we're USC and have endless talent to successfully run fluffball in the midwest.......

^ appropriate username.

Well, I guess it wasn't so clear the other years when our O was clicking like jello.

Don't you miss the days when, whenever we got down a couple scores, there was NO WAY we were going to come back because our offense didn't have that quick strike, 2 minute ability? Man, let's throw away that deadly 2 minute offense we've developed in recent years.

That "two minute" offense that took over 45 minutes to score a touchdown in each of our last two games. I just want an offense that can score I don't care if it is west coast, spread, option anything just get the ball in the endzone

I'm kinda confused....

We've read time and time again that our version of the WC wasn't the problem. The problem has been the defense. The offense has always been able to put up points. We can score with the best of them. All we need is the offense to CONTINUE WHAT IT'S DONE (hence, run this same WC scheme) and get Bo to revamp the defense and we'll be a top 10 team again. So how is it after 6 years it's not working? Maybe after 3 of the 6 games this year it isn't working? People need to stop freaking out like the end of the world is coming. Yes, this week sucked. We flat out were terrible. But a ton of people are completely backtracking over their previous statements for the past 2 years about the offense. How was the offense great then but absolutely brutal now? Oh.. because we had a sh!tty week.... It can't go both ways.. Maybe you mean what you mean now, and were just bs'ing and hoping back then, I don't know... but it doesnt make too much sense to me.

yeah it is kinda weird. if I recall last year, I remember the offense being not so bad at all. I mean we moved the ball that's why we had big advantages in TOP in most games. Just think about the TT game, we kept it close because we had the ball for 40 minutes. It seems like that the problem ist not the offense itself rather than the people executing it. But I also have to admit I don't like the shotgun stuff. Expecially running out of it. What's the problem with running plays with the QB under center? I saw a bit of the Alabama-SC game and both teams did that quite often.

But I guess Bama is only No. 1 because of their defense ;)