groooaaann...

Some of you may recall my fervor'd (yeah, that CAN't be right...) ramblings about how cranked up I get watching NU play football. I beat my chest, jump up and hit my head on our cathedral ceilings (ok, they're just standard 10 foot ceilings, but if you're drunk and lying on the floor they kinda look cathedral height), jump from couch to love seat in single bounds, clapping so hard that it actually bruises and / or dislocates appendages, you know, the typical husker fan stuff, right? Well, last Saturday I spent that afternoon kind of supine... lolling about from TV to TV hoping the images might change, at times actually lying on the bed watching the debacle over my ample man-belly... Only one clapping 'fit' for our one touchdown. God, that SUCKED! WOW. Bad. The BESTEST news is tho, now I don't have to be QUITE so physical during the rest of our games... I mean, really, all's NU can do from this point forward is improve, right? Good Lord, with that offensive performance display they 'plopped' out there on the field on Saturday, it really CAN'T go anywhere but UP! Initially, I had predicted that NU would win that game 117 to 3. I was off a little... I am in NO way taking ANYTHING away from Texas Tech. They played pretty well, exposed our defense and really exploited our offense.. a lot... repeatedly... over and over... and then again... and once more...and yes, once again. Good God... Here's to hoping this was a learning experience for the coaching staff and the players... I will say this, anyone in our fan-base that thinks that we have ANY 'gimme' games left on this schedule could be SORELY disappointed at the end of the year. After watching as much big 12 team play as I possibly could this year: yeah, if you think Baylor and Iowa State are 'gimme's' for our team, you'd better OD on the koolaid during this week. For our team, we ain't got a weak knee'd sister LEFT on our schedule. Facts is facts... I hate it. GOD, I hate it... Now, ON to the Cyclones and hopefully some DOMINATION!!! GO BIG RED!

My score prediction: NU: 177 Iowa St: 7

Some of you may recall my fervor'd (yeah, that CAN't be right...) ramblings about how cranked up I get watching NU play football. I beat my chest, jump up and hit my head on our cathedral ceilings (ok, they're just standard 10 foot ceilings, but if you're drunk and lying on the floor they kinda look cathedral height), jump from couch to love seat in single bounds, clapping so hard that it actually bruises and / or dislocates appendages, you know, the typical husker fan stuff, right? Well, last Saturday I spent that afternoon kind of supine... lolling about from TV to TV hoping the images might change, at times actually lying on the bed watching the debacle over my ample man-belly... Only one clapping 'fit' for our one touchdown. God, that SUCKED! WOW. Bad. The BESTEST news is tho, now I don't have to be QUITE so physical during the rest of our games... I mean, really, all's NU can do from this point forward is improve, right? Good Lord, with that offensive performance display they 'plopped' out there on the field on Saturday, it really CAN'T go anywhere but UP! Initially, I had predicted that NU would win that game 117 to 3. I was off a little... I am in NO way taking ANYTHING away from Texas Tech. They played pretty well, exposed our defense and really exploited our offense.. a lot... repeatedly... over and over... and then again... and once more...and yes, once again. Good God... Here's to hoping this was a learning experience for the coaching staff and the players... I will say this, anyone in our fan-base that thinks that we have ANY 'gimme' games left on this schedule could be SORELY disappointed at the end of the year. After watching as much big 12 team play as I possibly could this year: yeah, if you think Baylor and Iowa State are 'gimme's' for our team, you'd better OD on the koolaid during this week. For our team, we ain't got a weak knee'd sister LEFT on our schedule. Facts is facts... I hate it. GOD, I hate it... Now, ON to the Cyclones and hopefully some DOMINATION!!! GO BIG RED!

My score prediction: NU: 177 Iowa St: 7

ok I call your 177 -7 and raise you to NU:240 IOWA ST.: 0