Season Tickets

Hi Everyone, this is my first post. Long time lurker.

I have read on various Husker sites that season tickets are not really that hard to come by if you make I believe a $300 donation per year. I was always under the impression that there was a long waiting list for season tickets. Does anyone have any insight on this? I usually attend two home games per year, and tickets are becoming more expensive on ebay and thru ticket brokers. I always hear that tickets are easy to get from scalpers on gameday, but I am one of those fans that like to have tickets before I make the drive up.

I can't wait for the season to start, as I will be going to the Wake Forest and KSU games this year.

Husker fan in Wichita, Kansas

Go Big Red!!!

I don't really know the specifics, I just thought someone on here might know. The way I understood it is that you have to at least make a $150 dollar donation per seat. I do not think that this guarantees you season tickets, but over the last couple of years it has been good enough to get tickets. I think in each subsequent year you have to make the $150 per seat donation and the cost of the tickets. This is just what I have read elsewhere.

I got season tickets handed down from Gramps, he has had the same tx since the 50's and no donation was ever required. In order to put them in my name, I was required a $150/seat donation. Or else if Gramps passed away they would re-distribute the tx and the family wouldn't even have a chance to get them. I thought that was bull*$#@ but I sucked it up and got the tickets for the rest of my life. The ticket office also told me that the donation amt would not be raised, but I'm not sure I believe that.

That's absolutely right. Money talks. I have heard rumors that they are going to implement a seat licensing fee in the next couple of years, similar to what you see with many pro teams. Basically, you pay $500 or whatever the amount is for the right to buy season tickets in your seats.

If you don't believe that making a donation will get you more attention and tickets faster, you are a bit naive. This is a business. Call the athletic department and say you have a check in hand for $1000 if you'll be granted season tickets, and I'm pretty sure they'll listen to you. The building project isn't near fully funded, so this will be another way they can increase the pledges/funds for that.

• 7 months later...

NU Announces Football Season Tickets Prices

By Wire Reports

Date: Mar 22, 2006

Nebraska football season ticket holders will see a slight increase in season ticket prices for 2006, however, Husker fans will pay less for a ticket to attend a game at Memorial Stadium than when they follow the Huskers on the road. The Nebraska home schedule for 2006 includes defending national champion Texas and three other teams that played in bowl games in 2005.

The average price per game for football season ticket holders in 2006 will be $48, an increase of $3 per game over last year’s average price of $45 per ticket. The 2006 prices continues a trend of Nebraska’s season ticket prices increasing at a much smaller rate than most schools in the Big 12 Conference, and less than standard cost of living increases over the past several years. In fact, Athletic Director Steve Pederson lowered season ticket prices in his first year in 2003, and ticket holders have seen only small increases over the past three years, despite escalating operating costs for the athletic department.

“We have all been hit with rising costs of utilities in our own daily lives in the past few years, and the athletic department is no exception,” Pederson said. “We are glad we will be able to continue to balance our operating budget by passing along only a modest increase in ticket prices to our season ticket holders, and no increase to our student season ticket holders. We have also made it a goal to keep our ticket prices very competitive with our peers in the Big 12 Conference and we have once again done that.”

Nebraska faculty and staff will see the same $3 per game increase as public season ticket holders, with the average price of a faculty/staff ticket increasing from $42 to $45 per game. However, Nebraska students will again see no increase in the cost of their season ticket, with the price remaining constant at $21 per game or $147 for seven home games.

All visitors to Nebraska home games this fall will see a new and improved Memorial Stadium. The Memorial Stadium expansion project will add 6,500 new seats to the North Stadium, and will provide fans with new amenities, including a large concourse with new restrooms and concession stands. For the first time in 2006, fans will be able to circulate between the West, North and East concourses, and take advantage of the various amenities at different locations throughout Memorial Stadium.

Other facts regarding the 2006 season tickets...

Football season ticket holders in all categories will again see a significant savings when compared to the face value of tickets on a single-game basis. The full face value for seven home games for 2006 is $415, or an average of $59.29 per game. Public season ticket holders receive a 19 percent discount from the face value, while UNL students receive their season tickets at a 65 percent discount.

Tickets for non-conference home games against Louisiana Tech (Sept. 2), Nicholls State (Sept. 9) and Troy (Sept. 23) have a face value of $55. Home games against Kansas (Sept. 30) and Missouri (Nov. 4) will have a $60 single-game ticket, while face value for single-game tickets for matchups with Texas (Oct. 21) and Colorado (Nov. 24) are $65 each.

Single-game ticket prices for Nebraska home games are lower than the average ticket price for Nebraska’s five road contests in 2006. The average cost for Nebraska road games at USC, Iowa State, Kansas State, Oklahoma State and Texas A&M is $73. The lowest priced road ticket is $65 at both USC and Iowa State, with the highest priced ticket $85 at Oklahoma State.

2006 Nebraska Football Schedule and Ticket Prices

Season Ticket Holder UNL Student Single-Game

Date Opponent Avg. Cost/Ticket Avg. Cost/Ticket Ticket Price

Sept. 2 Louisiana Tech $48 $21

Sept. 9 Nicholls State $48 $21

Sept. 16 at Southern California -- -- $65

Sept. 23 Troy $48 $21

Sept. 30 Kansas $48 $21

Oct. 7 at Iowa State -- -- $65

Oct. 14 at Kansas State -- -- $70

Oct. 21 Texas $48 $21

Oct. 28 at Oklahoma State -- -- $85

Nov. 4 Missouri $48 $21

Nov. 11 at Texas A&M -- -- $80

Nov. 24 Colorado $48 $21

Single-Game Home Total/Average $415 ($59.29)

Season Ticket Total/Average $336 ($48)

UNL Student Total/Average $147 ($21)

Single-Game Road Total/Average $365 ($73