Rifle hunting saturday?

carlfense

I'm too embarrassed to show off my small 3x3 :laughpound

I wanted to shot the first thing I saw so I could make it back home to watch the Husker game and the UFC fights later that night and now I don't have to waste vacation days for this Thursday and Friday that could be used for Christmas on my fiancees side of the family.

I think next year I'll put more time into hunting that I did this year like actually buying a trail camera and finding a decent spot to hunt for that big one to come.

My niece shot a buck this morning.

ShelbyDeer.jpg

Tell her congratulations! First deer?

It was a little slow last weekend . . . opening morning there were a lot of deer moving but it sure slowed down after that. All of the corn still in the field is hurting a bit I think.

I will and no this deer is her second one.

This was her first.

Shelbydeer2.jpg

It dressed out at 216lbs.

Sarge, I think I've seen pictures taken of a really big buck that was in the same shop. For some reason I remember the air compressor in the corner of the picture. I think it was an middle aged man with the deer. Maybe it went around in an e-mail? Or am I just going slightly crazy?

This is my brother's garage in Wakefield, Ne. He runs a guided hunting service in the winter, so one of his clients may have taken a picture of their deer in his shop or he may have. I'll have to take your word for that because I haven't seen the email pics, but it could be possible.

My nephew shot this buck early Saturday morning 11/21/09...a 6x4 weighing 250lbs.

DerekDeer.jpg