Your hopes for this season

First, OU satifies #3 for me, even without Bradford, most of us had serious concerns about us winning that game.

Second, We have a good shot at #1. North Title and maybe even a Big 12 title.

Third, we have accomplished most of #2 except for the fluke that was Iowa St.

Ok, last year we went 9-4, but got our collective a$$es kicked hard by a few teams (see Mizzu and OU). This year, as others have mentioned, we are 5 points away from being 9-1 (thats an improvement if you ask me). The Iowa St. loss was the craziest thing I have seen in my life as a Husker fan (was alive the last time NU lost 8 fumbles in a game but was like 6 yrs old at the time). TT didn't surprise me, but our offense just wasn't in that game and the D was on the field way to much.

We cannot control what other teams records are, all the Huskers have to do is perform. Regardless of the oppositions wins and losses, we could finish this season 10-4 or even 11-3, what more do you guys want? Basically, I think it's a waist of time to fret over what other teams have done, NU can only take care of their business.

So, at this point we are 7-3, with a strong shot at being 9-3 at the end of the season with a North Title and a shot at Texas. Guys, if our offense keeps improving and or D play's lights out against Texas, WE COULD WIN!!! Granted if we win the Big 12, we will have to play another quality opponent in the Fiesta Bowl, but I say, bring it on!!!

It comes down to this, what is YOUR definition of the Husker's being back? Is it (and more realistic if you ask me) them having winning seasons every year (9 or more like TO, we can and are easily starting that trend again), going to bowl games every year as a result and having a good showing, again a strong possibility (don't forget, TO did have a string of SEVEN straight bowl losses). Seeing the Huskers be competitive in most games, again, heading in that direction. As many have said on this board, Polls only matter if you are ranked high enouph to have a shot at a NC. So, don't worry about that so much. Or, is your defenition the one that many on here seem to have ( not as realistic at all), that we again come to the level of dominance of the mid 90's? Guy's, it took TO 20+ yrs before his teams saw that happen. Many on here have asked the question, will we ever see a team do that again in college football, most have said no, but yet expect it now from the Huskers :dunno !

Basically, I think many are way to hard on the team and the coaching staff. Yes, our O has struggled, but they are getting better and moving in a direction that many of us were begging for (power run with option thrown in for good messure). Our D is insane and with Bo's track record in that department, I have no reason to believe it won't stay at that level. So, I say they are back if you go with the first definition. People seem to be under the delusion that the 1st 20yrs of TO's reign was just like the last five. News flash, it wasn't, quite honeslty, most of it was just like what we are seeing from Bo and Co. now. Again, I say the Huskers are back!!! DID I MENTION THAT WE COULD FINISH THIS SEASON 10-4 OR EVEN 11-3, geesh, be more thankful people.

First, OU satifies #3 for me, even without Bradford, most of us had serious concerns about us winning that game.

Second, We have a good shot at #1. North Title and maybe even a Big 12 title.

Third, we have accomplished most of #2 except for the fluke that was Iowa St.

Ok, last year we went 9-4, but got our collective a$$es kicked hard by a few teams (see Mizzu and OU). This year, as others have mentioned, we are 5 points away from being 9-1 (thats an improvement if you ask me). The Iowa St. loss was the craziest thing I have seen in my life as a Husker fan (was alive the last time NU lost 8 fumbles in a game but was like 6 yrs old at the time). TT didn't surprise me, but our offense just wasn't in that game and the D was on the field way to much.

We cannot control what other teams records are, all the Huskers have to do is perform. Regardless of the oppositions wins and losses, we could finish this season 10-4 or even 11-3, what more do you guys want? Basically, I think it's a waist of time to fret over what other teams have done, NU can only take care of their business.

So, at this point we are 7-3, with a strong shot at being 9-3 at the end of the season with a North Title and a shot at Texas. Guys, if our offense keeps improving and or D play's lights out against Texas, WE COULD WIN!!! Granted if we win the Big 12, we will have to play another quality opponent in the Fiesta Bowl, but I say, bring it on!!!

It comes down to this, what is YOUR definition of the Husker's being back? Is it (and more realistic if you ask me) them having winning seasons every year (9 or more like TO, we can and are easily starting that trend again), going to bowl games every year as a result and having a good showing, again a strong possibility (don't forget, TO did have a string of SEVEN straight bowl losses). Seeing the Huskers be competitive in most games, again, heading in that direction. As many have said on this board, Polls only matter if you are ranked high enouph to have a shot at a NC. So, don't worry about that so much. Or, is your defenition the one that many on here seem to have ( not as realistic at all), that we again come to the level of dominance of the mid 90's? Guy's, it took TO 20+ yrs before his teams saw that happen. Many on here have asked the question, will we ever see a team do that again in college football, most have said no, but yet expect it now from the Huskers :dunno !

Basically, I think many are way to hard on the team and the coaching staff. Yes, our O has struggled, but they are getting better and moving in a direction that many of us were begging for (power run with option thrown in for good messure). Our D is insane and with Bo's track record in that department, I have no reason to believe it won't stay at that level. So, I say they are back if you go with the first definition. People seem to be under the delusion that the 1st 20yrs of TO's reign was just like the last five. News flash, it wasn't, quite honeslty, most of it was just like what we are seeing from Bo and Co. now. Again, I say the Huskers are back!!! DID I MENTION THAT WE COULD FINISH THIS SEASON 10-4 OR EVEN 11-3, geesh, be more thankful people.

Uhhh....I don't think TO's teams would have been annual underdogs to Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St & Texas Tech. That's where we are now. Also, more often than not, NU was in the hunt for the NC under TO. When TO was losing bowl games it was to some of the very, very best teams in cfb.

While no doubt Bo has performed major league miracles in less than two years at NU no one in their right mind currently considers NU a top 10 or top 5 team.

In summary, yes indeed Bo has been simply terrific! But he has a ways to go to get NU to TO's Huskers (even before the 90s).