Callahan off and running

Apparently Coach C. has been in touch with several big time recruits all ready, just this weekend. Downing is supposed to go down to Florida this week. Lemmings from rivals said over half the top 500 are still available.

OWH:

"National recruiting analyst Tom Lemming said Callahan must have been hitting the phones heavily on Saturday and Sunday, particularly in Illinois areas that Callahan knows best."

"I'm shocked at how many kids he's called," Lemming said. "I've been calling kids for my magazine just to keep track of visits, and several said he's contacted them already. So he's hit the ground running, but I guess he has to catch up."

This is going to be very interesting if any of these recruits by any of this from Nebraska. My guess is a few players are going to commit. Guys that weren't even on NU's list not more than a week ago. Recruiting's a funny game

Callahan should have passed his NCAA recruiting test by Wednesday and will soon after be out to NJ and Florida as well. I would expect the kids from Tallahassee (2 or 4) to commit before the end of the weekend.

We are also reportedly in it with Brian Brohm. A highly ranked Pro-style QB. He is still very fast and agile and would be great at the WCO. His brother was a QB that made it to the league, as was his father. This makes it seem as though he would be good at reading the field and the defenses.

Like Eric the Red mentioned. Look for some recruits to come out of nowhere. This should be an exciting stretch run.

if this is true, all i gots to says is, 'good hustle, billy! good hustle!'

and as far as having all the peices in place in a year, i doubt it personally... but you can never tell.

i mean, look at what happened at OU when the Stoops boys rode into Norman in '99. they had a decent well of talent there already, they just need to believe in themselves again. the year after that, they win a national championship.

is it possible that could happen for nebraska? as a lifelong husker fan and after the season we had in 2k3, i wanna say yes. there are quite a few good kids on the team already and cofidence didn't seem to be a problem. (well... BEFORE colorado game, at any rate)

now is it probable that something like that could happen for nebraska? well... we'll seen in a couple of months now, won't we?

Guest Oklahoma Husker

I think BC will get an alright recruting class this year and why wouldn't he?!? If you were a big time reciever or qb wouldn't you want to come into Nebraska and be the go to guy as a freshman? If a receiver like Mike Williams or Larry Fitzgerald committed he would be star as a freshman. And if you were a qb wouldn't you want to come to a school who was going to a new offense that featured the pass? I suggest BC gets on the phone w/ some of these difference makers and sells his stuff. I realize that my opinion doesn't matter at all but I just thought I would tell you what I think.