Thoughts on today's game

chamrocck

Glad to see we got the W. Buffs always seem to play us tough.

My thoughts:

Nice punt return from Paul, INT for 6 by O'Hanlon, throw from Lee to Cotton. Rex had a very good game. Roy did enough but would have liked to see him break one. I thought the O-Line did better. Defense again was the factor. Punts from Henery were great. Thought Suh played well and so did Prince. Great tackle by Turner to save what seemed like easy first down (we need that hustle from him). Gomes got INT and I like his play. I do like watching young guys like Compton and Meredith but you can tell they are very raw...can only get better. Disappointed again today with the offense...it still is just not moving the ball or putting fear in any defense...that being said, I was OK with the gameplan to grind out with run today and just let CU not get close enough. Where has Crick been lately? We need a big game from him next week! And Hagg and Fisher did not play well at all today...weak links on pretty good defensive effort.

Asante? I say keep it up, kid. The announcers went way overboard calling for ejection when he barely touched the guy out of bounds. Yes, Asante has had some bang bang plays where he gets flagged but I have seen nothing to date that would warrant him being ejected from the game. I like that he is an intimidator and aggressive player. Now that he is that player we always had wanted, let's not ask him to tone it down. I am hoping he blows up some TX players next week...he is a hitter we need back there.

Who liked the call of Henery going for the 50 yarder? On one hand I was like, ok go for it because he is a good kicker and he is in altitude in Boulder. But on the other hand 50 yarder is no gimme so if he misses it then momentum switches to CU and they finally get decent field position to score (which they did). I was sort of pissed at first we let CU back in it but the more I thought about it, Henery has earned right to try that kick.

My scream at the TV moment...why the hell did we not challenge the Helu fumble? That was bonehead not to challenge it. I ran the play back numerous times and Helu's knee was down and then the ball comes out. Very shocking we did not challenge and CU ripped off a big run immediately after that. We got to be on top of that because it nearly changed the game if CU gets points on that drive off a bad call.

Sure there will be numerous threads this week...but I haven't figured out my scenario yet on how we can beat TX. The offense is in big trouble vs. Texas unless we can put it together this week and find some major holes to exploit with Texas. I am having trouble figuring out how our offense can put up double digits on TX.