So here's my scenerio for Saturday

IMO the key to beating texas is mccoy. if we can knock him out of the game I think we have a chance. I am not saying we take cheap shots, but he needs to get the blaine gabbert treatment.

Are you kidding me? I say to be a Champion team you gotta beat a Champion team! That would include the other teams best players! What, you wanna beat a bunch of scrubs or what? You probably hope the entire Texas team comes down with H1N1 2 days before the game...

IMO the key to beating texas is mccoy. if we can knock him out of the game I think we have a chance. I am not saying we take cheap shots, but he needs to get the blaine gabbert treatment.

So when you knock McCoy out, how do you shut down the 5-star recruit Gatorade Player of the Year Garrett Gilbert that backs him up?

:lol:

because stars are everything.. huh? That's why Cody Green was AMAZING when he came in this year....right? That's why Lee has been so GREAT at QB and he's been in the system a couple of years..

That's a joke. If we get to Gilbert early in the game, we win. hands down. look what we did to landry jones.. and he's had a fair amount of in game experience....

Bear in mind that Texas is ranked #1 in rushing defense. So long as we keep trying to get physical with them as the game wears on, then we might be able to bust open a big run the same way Helu did against OU.

Just cuz they're #1 in rush defense doesnt really mean anything. 1) they havent faced ANY offenses that "run" the ball, all teams in the South use a spread pass first offense, and 2) of their 3 north opponents throw pretty much exclusively (missouri and kansas). 3), they've gotten early leads on everyone, they have to throw the rest of the game anyway. This statistical rank is as deceiving as anything.

That's why when they came up against a team that could run, like A&M, (whether it was the QB or not) they got burned badly. If we stick with the ground game, it will eventually open up for us.

Bear in mind that Texas is ranked #1 in rushing defense. So long as we keep trying to get physical with them as the game wears on, then we might be able to bust open a big run the same way Helu did against OU.

Just cuz they're #1 in rush defense doesnt really mean anything. 1) they havent faced ANY offenses that "run" the ball, all teams in the South use a spread pass first offense, and 2) of their 3 north opponents throw pretty much exclusively (missouri and kansas). 3), they've gotten early leads on everyone, they have to throw the rest of the game anyway. This statistical rank is as deceiving as anything.

While it's true that statistics alone only tells half the story, we'd be silly to dismiss it altogether. Let's not act like it doesn't really exist based on past games this year.

Another thing to consider is that Nebraska isn't exactly world beaters with the rush this year either. Unless the O-line decides to execute their gameplan with consistency, I'd say we're in for a long night trying to pound the rock.

As I already said in my original post, once the adrenaline dies down, our chances to bust open some big runs become better later in the game a la Oklahoma. So long as our O-line continues to match their level of intensity throughout the game and executes their blocks as expected, then it should create some opportunities for the running game.