1996 Big 12 Championship Game

OPSker

Good article on this one in the World Herald today. I remember this game vividly. I watched it at Minsky's in North Kansas City. I had watched one other game there - ASU the same year. I had just graduated and spent the majority of my years in Lincoln leaving for the bars at halftime with a game well in hand. The ASU loss put me in a severe depression for about 3 weeks. I truly enjoyed watching those clowns lose to Ohio State - too bad for you ASU. The Texas game was BRUTAL. There weren't a lot of people at Minsky's but the one's there were cheering (loudly) for UT. I've never been back, not too mention I live on the Kansas side. Took weeks to recover from that one.

I watched the 1996 BIG XII Championship Game at the Trans World Dome in St. Louis Missouri. I remember the classless and tactless reaction of the drunk hooligan Texas fans after that game. That was the day I my opinion of the Texas football changed. Before the game I respected Texas and when they won I respected their effort. The fans I encountered changed that.