Not to add to the whole "Do Stars Matter" thing, but...

I know we often bicker on here about whether stars matter. ESPN did a where are they now? For the class of 2006 and good god they pretty much nailed its for the nations top 150 players. Yeah there are a couple who got in to trouble or just plain underperformed to their hype, but for the most part it seems like their assessments were spot on. Its crazy how many never saw the field because of academic reasons though, you would think these kids would realize there without school, there is no football.

HERES THE LINK

I know we often bicker on here about whether stars matter. ESPN did a where are they now? For the class of 2006 and good god they pretty much nailed its for the nations top 150 players. Yeah there are a couple who got in to trouble or just plain underperformed to their hype, but for the most part it seems like their assessments were spot on. Its crazy how many never saw the field because of academic reasons though, you would think these kids would realize there without school, there is no football.

HERES THE LINK

they did pretty well with the top 25 or so kids, but not as well after that. as i've said before, i think they do fairly well with top kids, as they should. it's not hard to see a kid with 50 offers that blows up good competition and give him five stars. where it gets dicey and takes an eye for talent is the other kids. that's where i trust the coaches more than "recruiting experts", particularly when those experts don't typically worry about kids attitudes, character or likliehood of qualifying.