Funny Game Day Stories

dbetz23

I sense that you don't like what I had to say, but I don't see how you can suggest that I was off-topic. The very topic of my post was the topic of this thread. As far as that goes, I think you can argue that the other posters are off-topic, since none of them posted anything remotely funny. Maybe you need to warn them, too.

But in the meantime, I will go read the board rules.

The topic was "What is everyone's funniest story that has happened to them in or around Memorial Stadium". Your opinion as to whether they are funny - to you - is not a story of the funniest thing that has happened to you in or around Memorial Stadium. Your post was off-topic.

oh good, another whiney wet blanket with a constant cranky attitude. A few more of these and this board will look like Huskerpedia's BBS. :bad

At CU in 99, it was hilarious because "Ralphie," the big ole buffalo mascot they had, wouldn't run out onto the field. Everybody in red in that stadium was laughing and cheering.

good call! Husker fans were certainly amused but the few CU fans that were within earshot only had groans of "oooh, damn!" and comments of a "bad omen".

deep down they knew they were going to lose that day when it was all said and done.

I sense that you don't like what I had to say, but I don't see how you can suggest that I was off-topic.  The very topic of my post was the topic of this thread.  As far as that goes, I think you can argue that the other posters are off-topic, since none of them posted anything remotely funny.  Maybe you need to warn them, too. 

But in the meantime, I will go read the board rules.

The topic was "What is everyone's funniest story that has happened to them in or around Memorial Stadium". Your opinion as to whether they are funny - to you - is not a story of the funniest thing that has happened to you in or around Memorial Stadium. Your post was off-topic.

You're dissembling. I was commenting on the topic and whether the posters who preceded me were really relating anything funny.

But of this helps, let me add an anecdote of my own--I remember when LP returned to the lineup in '95. We were playing Iowa State, and the wombat campus feminists were protesting all over the place. They started arguing with my buddy Ted, and after the biggest, most terrifying tennis pro in the group tried to persuade us that we were wrong to support violence against women, Ted threw up ALL OVER HER! It was chunky.

We laughed with merry glee.

My Favorite Memories of Game Day include when my uncles best friend's son received recognition for his work in the Chemistry department. He got to walk out on the field and everything. He was so excited. I could hardly join in because I had a couple of ladies must of been in their 80's pulling on my shirt telling me to sit down. Oh well they couldn't take away the excitement. Oh yea I picked Mountain Dew to win and they Did!!!! :cheers

My Favorite Memories of Game Day include when my uncles best friend's son received recognition for his work in the Chemistry department. He got to walk out on the field and everything. He was so excited. I could hardly join in because I had a couple of ladies must of been in their 80's pulling on my shirt telling me to sit down. Oh well they couldn't take away the excitement. Oh yea I picked Mountain Dew to win and they Did!!!! :cheers

What was funny about this? Did he walk out on the field wearing a pocket-protector with an amusing saying screen-printed on it? A football jersey with pi in place of a uniform number? I mean, we all know how wacky those chemistry majors can get...

Seriously--don't any of you understand what's funny? Or do none of you have lives?

I think what is funny is you coming over to OUR board and making fun of people if they type something that just isn't 100% correct. I also have noticed that you like to use big words. I'm assuming you use big words to overcompensate for something else that is smal

I think what is funny is you coming over to our board and making fun of people if they type something that just isn't 100% correct. I also have noticed that you like to use big words. I'm assuming you use big words to overcompensate for something else that is small.

I don't know what you'd be thinking. When I get aroused, I have to pull a gun to scare away the lumberjacks and herpetologists.

I think what is funny is you coming over to our board and making fun of people if they type something that just isn't 100% correct.    I also have noticed that you like to use big words.  I'm assuming you use big words to overcompensate for something else that is small.

I don't know what you'd be thinking. When I get aroused, I have to pull a gun to scare away the lumberjacks and herpetologists.

You start Humping Trees when you get aroused? Want some alone time with the Big Oak do ya?