Funny Game Day Stories

dbetz23

I just thought I'd start a new question for everyone. What is everyone's funniest story that has happened to them in or around Memorial Stadium. One of mine is in 2003 and me and a friend was sitting in the OSU section (sec 20 row 60 something), anyways I laughed when these drunken OSU fans were laughing and pointing at us after they scored they said "where's your Husker Nation now? (this one the first year of the "husker nation" theme). anyways after we ended up winning as they were exiting i just had to chuckle and say a few choice words. Oh yea also as most of the OSU fans were going up the ramp and getting their first glimpse of Memorial Stadium, they were stunned saying "this place is HUGE".

in 1999 I walking to the stadium and there were a few KSU fans walking in front of us. One of them had a hat on that read "Kansas State Football: A Winning Tradition".

in or around Memorial Stadium.

this one doesn't really follow the above rules but it is from a Husker gameday, and it was funny.

We were at a game in Boulder (also in 1999 i think) and had seats across from the visitor section. technically the section is for Buff fans but Husker fans had pretty much taken it over.

during the game the CU cheerleaders are going to each area around the field (except for the visitor sections of course) doing several of their little cheers each time and getting a pretty good response from the CU crowd. Then they come to our section, but this crowd, instead of yelling back "GO C-U" on the cue, yells back "GO BIG RED".

The normally smiley cheerleaders look obviously anoid and then move on to the next section after only one cheer.

:thumbs

That Kansas State shirt is funny. Another quick story is when i was in Ames a few years ago for the Nebraska game. After we won as all of uss were exiting yelling GO Big Red ect, a ISU fan yelled "wait for basketball", we beat them both times that year i think. id love to see the guys reaction.

a ISU fan yelled "wait for basketball", we beat them both times that year i think.

:thumbs the fact that he picked on our Bball team is funny enough.

I would expect Maine fans to be a little less talkative but some of them may be thinking "wait for hockey!" i said it before and i'll say it again, we may have the upper hand in football but Maine would kick our @$$ on the ice. :bad

So one night we snuck into West Stadium and peed all over the bleachers. We laughed our asses off for the whole game as the bluehairs sat with their butts pasted in our pee-residue for a whole game. They probably had the audacity to tell those around them to "Please sit down" as well. Serves 'em right!

Dude, you 'tainted' Memorial Stadium? You should be ashamed....

At last years Baylor game I was sitting in the West side near Baylor fans, and this one guy kept on singing popular songs but with Baylor referances in them. For instance he sung "My Team", a cover of "my girl", watching him was more entertaining than the game.

I sense that you don't like what I had to say, but I don't see how you can suggest that I was off-topic. The very topic of my post was the topic of this thread. As far as that goes, I think you can argue that the other posters are off-topic, since none of them posted anything remotely funny. Maybe you need to warn them, too.

But in the meantime, I will go read the board rules.