OSU Game

The youth excuse doesn't work. Look at Okie State. They are the youngest team in the conference and they got better as the season went along where NU didn't.

Yesterday as I was washing my truck my neighbor came over to drop off some beer as a thank you for removing the snow from their driveway this past winter. He asked what I was listening to and I told the Husker b-ball game. He listened for a while then smiled when he realized I was listening to the women's game. He stuck around and listened to game with me as I finished washing my truck. Oh, he also helped me drink the beer he brought over.

ok state - nebraska

apples - oranges

youth excuse is getting old and certainly doesn't make this an acceptable season, but it is a contributing factor

One team wears red and the other team wears orange. Both teams are young but only one has and is getting better.

The NU youth excuse cannot be used anymore.

The youth excuse doesn't work. Look at Okie State. They are the youngest team in the conference and they got better as the season went along where NU didn't.

Yesterday as I was washing my truck my neighbor came over to drop off some beer as a thank you for removing the snow from their driveway this past winter. He asked what I was listening to and I told the Husker b-ball game. He listened for a while then smiled when he realized I was listening to the women's game. He stuck around and listened to game with me as I finished washing my truck. Oh, he also helped me drink the beer he brought over.

ok state - nebraska

apples - oranges

youth excuse is getting old and certainly doesn't make this an acceptable season, but it is a contributing factor

One team wears red and the other team wears orange. Both teams are young but only one has and is getting better.

Youth wouldn't but strength sure would. NU was obviously the weaken team and it wasn't even close. Our only player that is actually stong is Jeter and he is a PG. Rest of team needs to man up.

ok state - nebraska

apples - oranges

Youth wouldn't but strength sure would. NU was obviously the weaken team and it wasn't even close. Our only player that is actually stong is Jeter and he is a PG. Rest of team needs to man up.

Yep. If this is too difficult for them, then maybe they should all leave. Since they don't want to win for Doc, and NU - maybe they can play for pride. Nothing else seems to be working.

i'm not saying it's the only reason, but it is one of the major reasons. how can you possibly expect nu to recruit equally talented freshmen compared to osu??? the talented kids want to go to winning programs, in the last decade osu is probably averaging 22 wins and tourney appearances, nu is averaging maybe 18 and an occasional nit. the good recruits (kids who don't need to be developed, can just step in and play) are far more likely to go to a school like osu than nu. like i said earlier, it's similar to football. winning teams bring in contributing freshmen, lower programs bring in kids that they have to develop. connie yori has said as much for her team, she herself said since they started winning this year the doors have opened to better players that can come in and make an impact right away.

i don't know how many times i've said it, but apparently i need to say it again. the youth is no excuse for 2 conference wins, but it is a major contributing factor to the inconsistency of this team.

i'm not saying it's the only reason, but it is one of the major reasons. how can you possibly expect nu to recruit equally talented freshmen compared to osu??? the talented kids want to go to winning programs, in the last decade osu is probably averaging 22 wins and tourney appearances, nu is averaging maybe 18 and an occasional nit. the good recruits (kids who don't need to be developed, can just step in and play) are far more likely to go to a school like osu than nu. like i said earlier, it's similar to football. winning teams bring in contributing freshmen, lower programs bring in kids that they have to develop. connie yori has said as much for her team, she herself said since they started winning this year the doors have opened to better players that can come in and make an impact right away.

i don't know how many times i've said it, but apparently i need to say it again. the youth is no excuse for 2 conference wins, but it is a major contributing factor to the inconsistency of this team.

And I don't how many times I need to say the NU youth excuse can no longer be used since Okie State is younger than NU. Okie State got better and NU got worse.

Like the women's team, the men's team needs to start winning. If NU really can't recruit with the likes of OSU then they should just fold shop and close down the program. Look at Baylor. They were almost out of b-ball with a player shooting another player and a coach trying to cover it up - however they rebounded (no pun intended) pretty well.

Until NU starts winning they will continue to see themselves at the bottom of the conference, and playing in front of 6,900 or fewer people. For the most part winning is all up to them.

And I don't how many times I need to say the NU youth excuse can no longer be used since Okie State is younger than NU. Okie State got better and NU got worse.

Like the women's team, the men's team needs to start winning. If NU really can't recruit with the likes of OSU then they should just fold shop and close down the program. Look at Baylor. They were almost out of b-ball with a player shooting another player and a coach trying to cover it up - however they rebounded (no pun intended) pretty well.

Until NU starts winning they will continue to see themselves at the bottom of the conference, and playing in front of 6,900 or fewer people. For the most part winning is all up to them.

thank you for proving my point. nu men, like the nu women a few years ago, cannot recruit with the big dogs. SO, they need to recruit more and more guys (it will be hit and miss and take a few years) until doc, LIKE CONNIE, finally gets a core of guys good enough that he can develop, LIKE CONNIE, and when they are seniors, LIKE CONNIE"S TEAM, finally break out and open the doors.

thank you for proving my point. nu men, like the nu women a few years ago, cannot recruit with the big dogs. SO, they need to recruit more and more guys (it will be hit and miss and take a few years) until doc, LIKE CONNIE, finally gets a core of guys good enough that he can develop, LIKE CONNIE, and when they are seniors, LIKE CONNIE"S TEAM, finally break out and open the doors.

But you have yet to make a point. The point is Doc can't get the recruits. Other programs can, but for some reason Doc can't, hasn't, and isn't.

At Okie State their coach takes younger players and makes them better. At NU, it's just opposite.

Since recruiting seems to be Doc's woe, then he must completely change what he's doing - because what he is doing is not working.

But you have yet to make a point. The point is Doc can't get the recruits. Other programs can, but for some reason Doc can't, hasn't, and isn't.

At Okie State their coach takes younger players and makes them better. At NU, it's just opposite.

Since recruiting seems to be Doc's woe, then he must completely change what he's doing - because what he is doing is not working.

what do you mean i haven't made a point? my point (right or wrong) is exactly what i just posted. NU can't recruit like schools with winning tradition right now. Doc is scrambling trying to assemble a group of young guys that he can develop. He will then try to have a breakout season with those guys after he has developed them, which will open the doors for better recruiting. Exactly like Connie Yori did (it took her eight years, doc needs to do it faster). That is my point.

Also, I don't know if you saw, but there is an article posted on the problem with NU's bball program. Tom Osborne himself said it appears that the biggest key to recruiting nowadays (as I have continually said) is working with AAU coaches. T.O. went on to say that he does not encourage Doc to work with AAU coaches in trying to get recruits. But of course no one wants to discuss this, because what fun would it be to bring T.O. into the conversation when we can just blame it all on Doc instead. Not saying T.O. is at fault, BUT the boss is standing there saying "I know it's tempting and would be easier, Doc. But I prefer you find another way..." Teams that have turned around their programs (Baylor, KSU) have done it simply by hiring on AAU coaches. It's obvious that's the way to do it, and Tom is saying "let's try and find a different way." I'm fine with that, not bashing Doc or Tom for it, but that just means the fans are going to have to have more patience.

what do you mean i haven't made a point? my point (right or wrong) is exactly what i just posted. NU can't recruit like schools with winning tradition right now. Doc is scrambling trying to assemble a group of young guys that he can develop. He will then try to have a breakout season with those guys after he has developed them, which will open the doors for better recruiting. Exactly like Connie Yori did (it took her eight years, doc needs to do it faster). That is my point.

Also, I don't know if you saw, but there is an article posted on the problem with NU's bball program. Tom Osborne himself said it appears that the biggest key to recruiting nowadays (as I have continually said) is working with AAU coaches. T.O. went on to say that he does not encourage Doc to work with AAU coaches in trying to get recruits. But of course no one wants to discuss this, because what fun would it be to bring T.O. into the conversation when we can just blame it all on Doc instead. Not saying T.O. is at fault, BUT the boss is standing there saying "I know it's tempting and would be easier, Doc. But I prefer you find another way..." Teams that have turned around their programs (Baylor, KSU) have done it simply by hiring on AAU coaches. It's obvious that's the way to do it, and Tom is saying "let's try and find a different way." I'm fine with that, not bashing Doc or Tom for it, but that just means the fans are going to have to have more patience.

It's not all Doc's fault. It does start at the top. It's funny that recruiting AAU players and winning is ok for some programs but not for NU.

I guess if losing is ok with TO, then Doc is secure. But don't expect the fans to appreciate the "high road" to the bottom of the Big 12.