the thing i like about the peso

it seems every year there are HS kids out there that fit the mold of the hybrid DB/LB. they are the type that are really good athletes, but dont quite have a niche at a certain position. I think that this position will give them a place to play and really utilize their raw athletic ability. I think of people like culbert, kyler reed, ect

That's a good point. A lot of HS kids don't get highly rated/recruited because they might not be big enough to play LB, and not quite quick enough for DB. It seems like Bo and crew are doing a really good job of playing to our strengths, since the NE isn't producing Texas caliber talent every year...

Harvey Jackson comes to mind first when thinking of someone that can fill Hagg's position.

I was actually thinking about that the other day...I think Corey Cooper would be a better candidate. He's already at 200 pounds whereas Jackson is only up to about 185. Of course Dobson could have them both playing at 210-215 if they wanted. I think Cooper has the better frame for it though

I think if we don't get guys to follow Cassidy and Hagg, it's cool and we will just morph back into a 4-3. As Carl Pelini said, he thinks of this as a 4-3 still. Only instead of a BUCK linebacker, we have a physical freak of nature because that's what Hagg, and they say Cassidy, are. If we don't have those anymore, a LBer is fine and Jackson/Cooper can fit in at the traditional safety slots.