Maine PPV game - List of where to watch

Does anyone know of any Minnesota bars that broadcast the games....in the Greater St. Paul/Minneapolis area?

Minnesota HUSKERS

Min-Kota Alumni Chapter

Tailgators Sports Cafe 1322 Main Avenue Fargo, ND 701-293-2091

Minnesotans for Nebraska

Joe Senser's Bar 494 & France Ave. Bloomington

Southeastern Minnesotans for Nebraska

McMurphy's Sports Cafe 1201 Eastgate Dr. S.E. Rochester

NEW YORK HUSKERS

An email I received from Rimington:

NSNY WATCHSITE ALERT: Huskers vs. Maine Game Will Not Be Shown (August 29, 2005)

Husker Fans!

The Nebraska vs. Maine football game is will not

be available at the Irish Rogue Pub this

Saturday (9/3/05). We will send out an email

early next week about Wake Forest game.

Update on PPV from www.husker.com

Courtesy: NU Media Relations

Release: 08/30/2005

Courtesy: Scott Bruhn/NU Media Relations

Nebraska received updated pay-per-view information Tuesday regarding Saturday's game with Maine at Memorial Stadium.

Lincoln - The University of Nebraska received updated information regarding Saturday's FSN pay-per-view telecast of the Huskers' football game with Maine at Memorial Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 3 at 6:10 p.m. An updated listing of cable and satellite providers offering the game is attached. More information is expected to be made available to both universities on Wednesday.

Big 12 Special Order Sports, Fox Sports Net’s pay-per-view division, will produce and distribute the telecast. Suggested retail price for the 6:00 PM CT kickoff from Lincoln, Neb., is $29.95. Fans interested in purchasing the telecast should contact their cable or satellite provider for ordering information and pricing.

The game is being televised on pay-per-view because it was not selected for over-the-air broadcast or cable television coverage. Under Conference TV rules, games not picked up for regular television distribution can only be televised live on pay-per-view.

Participating cable and satellite providers will offer the telecast to their customers on a specially designated pay-per-view channel. The telecast will not pre-empt FSN’s regularly scheduled programming.

Veteran announcer Greg Sharpe, the television play-by-play voice of Nebraska basketball on FSN, calls the action alongside former Kansas City Chiefs cornerback/current NFL on FOX analyst Jayice Pearson. Long-time Huskers radio voice Kent Pavelka will report from the Memorial Stadium sidelines for the telecast.

The Maine-Nebraska telecast will be the fifth Nebraska football game distributed on pay-per-view, following: Oct. 12, 2002 vs. Missouri; Oct. 25, 2003 vs. Iowa State; Sept. 4, 2004 vs. Western Illinois; and Oct. 2, 2004 vs. Kansas. Nebraska won all four of those games.

A list of programming providers that have agreed to offer the telecast follows. Additional providers will be announced later this week. Further details will be posted on Huskers.com and FOXSports.com on MSN (search: Midwest) as they become available.

To date, the following programming providers have agreed to offer the Maine-Nebraska pay-per-view telecast. For availability in their specific areas, customers should contact their cable or satellite provider. Additional providers will be announced later this week. Check Huskers.com and FOXSports.com on MSN (search: Midwest) for updates.

Programming Provider

Ordering Information

Cities

IOWA

Cable One

Order with remote control or call local operator. Channel 299.

Sioux City

KANSAS AND MISSOURI

Comcast

(816) 795-1100.

Channel 260.

Including: Kansas City, Independence and additional areas

Cunningham Communications

Call (800) 287-8495.

Glen Elder, Kan.

Everest Connections

Order with remote control.

Including: Lenexa and additional areas

NPG Cable

(816) 279-1234. Channel 79.

Including: St. Joseph

Time Warner

Order with remote control or call (816) 358-8833.

Channel 399.

Throughout Kansas City and outlying areas

NEBRASKA

Arapahoe Cable TV

Call local operator

Arapahoe

CableOne

Order with remote control or call (402) 379-2330. Channel 299.

Including: Norfolk and additional areas.

Cable Nebraska

Call (877) 234-0102

Including: Platte County and other areas.

Charter

Order with remote control or call (800) Get-Charter

Including: Beatrice, Chadron, Grand Island, Hastings, Kearney, McCook, North Platte, Scottsbluff and additional areas.

Cox

Order with remote control on channel 516

or call (402) 933-3000

Including: Omaha and additional areas

Curtis Cable TV Company

Call (308) 367-8600.

Including: Curtis

Galaxy

Call (800) Enjoy-TV

[(800) 365-6988]. Channel 18 or 19.

Including: Wilber and additional areas

Qwest

Call (800) 885-2479 option 1.

Including: Omaha and additional areas

Time Warner

Order with remote control on channel 102, online at timewarnercable.com

or call (402) 421-0300

Including: Lincoln, Superior and additional areas.

NATIONAL

DirecTV

Availability To Be Announced

Dish/Echostar

Availability To Be Announced

Just wondering if any one on this board lives in the new york area??? I;m going out of my mind trying to find a place in the city that will have the game saturday ninght... F-ing Time Warner is not showing the game on PPV i'm pretty sure of that and the few bars that are Nebraska Watch sites that i found on Huskerspedia i don't thing are having the game eaither because of the hole PPV thing---so i guess what i'm asking is does one one know of any places in Manhattan that will show the game?????? I'VE BEEN WAITING ALL YEAR AND IF I MISS THIS GAME LIVE I'M GOING TO LOOSE IT(IF ANY ONE CAN HELP ME IT WOULD BE GREAT) :cheers

The Irish Rogue (where the NSNY alumni association normally meets) in Hell's Kitchen is currently considering the idea of pay per viewing the Maine game for approximately $300 (DirecTV cost for eat/drink establisments).

To view the game, New Yorkers, all one has to do is commit to a suggested donation of at least $10 a person to cover the special order.

Monies exceeding the PPV will be donated to a Hurricane Katrina relief fund of good repute (most likely American Red Cross). Right now, the pub/restaurant wants to know if at least 30 people in the area will show and help the cause.

If you are interested in watching the game for $10 and contributing to this timely and important American relief fund, please RVSP a seat at the Irish Rogue by emailing watchthehuskers@yahoo.com ASAP.

BE SURE to include the EXACT number of people that will be in your party. The Irish Rogue will not commit to the event unless there are at least 30 people on the reserved list.

You will be emailed Friday to be alerted whether or not this campaign is going to be a success. In the meantime, visit The Irish Rogue to see the pub.

Thanks for your time, and Go Big Red!

In the Dallas/Ft. Worth area:

Both Cape Buffalo and Gator’s will be carrying this PPV event. Come early for best seating!

Gator’s Sports Grill

2155 W Airport Fwy

Euless, Tx

817-858-9707

http://www.gatorssportsgrill.com/index.html

Gator’s has replaced a large number of their TV’s with HD flat screens!

Cape Buffalo Grille

17727 Addison Rd.

Dallas, Texas 75287

972-381-9796.

The Cape will be running a All you can eat Fajitas special for $9.95..

I copied and pasted this from Rivals, I assume since it's helping Husker fans, nobody will have a problem with this. If they do, I will delete it.