Reggie Bush

mturn087

Sorry Mods I dont know where this goes.

Saw on ESPN today that Reggie Bush has reached a settlement to pay the marketing agency back for the stuff that happened while he was at USC. Is this the smoking gun that brings down a power house team. I know the death penatly isnt going to happen since its got too much money and too big of a media market. I'm just curious as to what the punishment that will be handed down if it every does. Personally I think if the NCAA does act, they should have to remove everything that happened while he was a player.

At least Nebraska doesnt have problems like this. It makes me more proud of the Husker program seeing how most of the time we keep the NU name out of the papers.

Okay, so what is the deal with these mystical sanctions? I've been hearing that the NCAA is 'on the verge' of handing down something for over a year now, and it never happens. Is there any ACTUAL evidence that the NCAA is even investigating the situation, let alone prepared to put the Condoms in their place?

Okay, so what is the deal with these mystical sanctions? I've been hearing that the NCAA is 'on the verge' of handing down something for over a year now, and it never happens. Is there any ACTUAL evidence that the NCAA is even investigating the situation, let alone prepared to put the Condoms in their place?

Yes. They will be coming within a month . . . they just delayed it so that they could consider the evidence provided by the Bush deposition. However, Bush very conveniently settled . . . with a binding silence clause of course. Therefore, the NCAA is left without recourse. They will probably hand out an unsatisfactorily lenient sentence soon enough.

It's fairly obvious they were cheating on a level of pretty unprecedented magnitude. From agents visiting their facilities to multiple issues with illegal benefits, it would obvious that Carroll was running a show that was not in line with the heart of NCAA policy. I'm very sad that there have not been repercussions towards USC that send them a strong message. It's only going to get worse with the change in administration. You're dealing with people who were involved in the previous affairs and have a history of NCAA violations after a brief tenure at another university...

• 2 weeks later...