From Columbus, Ohio..WELCOME TO THE BIG TEN!!!

Welcome to the Big Ten, Huskers. I think this is about the best addition we could have hoped for.

Also, thanks for the warm welcome you've extended to the horde of new visitors. I can only hope that the, shall we say... drunken idiot segment of the OSU fanbase isn't out in full force on your first trip to Columbus. I'm obviously biased, but I think it's a tremendous place to catch a game, when there's nothing to detract from the experience. Needless to say, Huskers will be more than welcome to sit a bit and partake at my tailgate (assuming I win the ticket lottery next year--demand for tickets is RIDICULOUS).

Suffice it to say, we'll all be cheering for you guys to mop up during your last year in the big 12.

Quick question: Your teams used to compete under the name "bugeaters," correct? Is that something that's considered insulting by your fanbase? I ask because I don't want to inadvertently give offense.

Fun Ohio State Facts:

Our original colors were Orange and Black (depending on who you ask)

We once elected a cow as homecoming queen (her name was Maudine Ormsby, if you care to delve further).

Welcome to the Big Ten, Huskers. I think this is about the best addition we could have hoped for.

Also, thanks for the warm welcome you've extended to the horde of new visitors. I can only hope that the, shall we say... drunken idiot segment of the OSU fanbase isn't out in full force on your first trip to Columbus. I'm obviously biased, but I think it's a tremendous place to catch a game, when there's nothing to detract from the experience. Needless to say, Huskers will be more than welcome to sit a bit and partake at my tailgate (assuming I win the ticket lottery next year--demand for tickets is RIDICULOUS).

Suffice it to say, we'll all be cheering for you guys to mop up during your last year in the big 12.

Quick question: Your teams used to compete under the name "bugeaters," correct? Is that something that's considered insulting by your fanbase? I ask because I don't want to inadvertently give offense.

Fun Ohio State Facts:

We once elected a cow as homecoming queen (her name was Maudine Ormsby, if you care to delve further).

Thanks and welcome to HuskerBoard! :thumbs

I'm really impressed with the overwhelming welcome by so many Big 10 fans. There seems to be a clear solidarity within the conference that is readily apparent--as is in the SEC. This didn't seem to be the case in 1995 when the SWC joined with the Big 8 and never really formed.

Looking forward to some epic battles!

Don't kid yourself... Nebraska is and will continue to lose some fans over this move. It is a chicken-_ _ _ _ move, and that shows loyalty can be purchased. So we should just say goodbye to history? No more Oklahoma / Nebraska games, but I'm sure Nebraska / Illinois will be a show-stopper. What happens now to Nebraska if we cannot win the big 10? Do we go the WAC then? If Nebraska wants more money, they need to start winning more games. I have lost alot of respect for Nebraska and Tom Osborne over this. I know alot of Big Ten fans, and I can tell you right now that there isn't more solidarity in the big ten than in the big 12. You won't find a Michigan fan rooting for Iowa or Michigan State to win a non-conference game, not like you would see a Texas or Oklahoma fan rooting for Nebraska. I can guarantee you that! Is the big ten finally going to start having a championship game? The only reason, and I mean the ONLY reason that big ten fans are welcoming this move, is because they have always thought the big ten to be a much tougher conference than the big twelve, and they all think they are going to march into Lincoln and pound on Nebraska. I can tell you right now, that this move would not have been so welcomed back in Nebraska's glory days! Just think about it.

How old are you? How can you have such loyalty to the Big 12? The conference is 14 years old.

So what is your point?

why would it matter how old the big 12 is? I was a big 8 fan prior to the big twelve. It matters not though. Can you not think of anything more intelligent than "how old are you" ? You may not agree with me, and I don't really care, but what I said is true.

My point is that the Big 12 has been around for 14 years. The Big 12 is not a continuation of the Big 8. The Big 12 killed the Big 8.

Fun Ohio State Facts:

Back atcha - it's going to great for all involved!

As to the "Bugeaters" moniker - yep, that's what we were. No, we don't consider it an insult at all. It gets used by Husker fans a surprising amount, considering how long ago it was.

We've never elected a cow as Homecoming Queen, but we selected a guy named Eric the Red as the Board honcho - he's originally from New Joisey, so it's about the same level. laugh.gif

Back atcha - it's going to great for all involved!

As to the "Bugeaters" moniker - yep, that's what we were. No, we don't consider it an insult at all. It gets used by Husker fans a surprising amount, considering how long ago it was.

We've never elected a cow as Homecoming Queen, but we selected a guy named Eric the Red as the Board honcho - he's originally from New Joisey, so it's about the same level. laugh.gif

Thanks. IT's the sort of moniker one either hates or embraces, and I was wondering which it would be.

For some reason, lots of Michigan State fans get all bent out of shape if you refer to them as "Sparty," or anything similar. Go figure. Here's another fun one. There is an inscription that runs the circumference of Ohio Stadium. It's spaced out above the windows on the stadium's towers. It reads: "For Friendship Through Contest, For Strength, For Vigor, For Concourse and Comradeship, For Spirit, For Health, For Courage, For Loyalty." I've attached a pic I took last time I was down there. You'll need to zoom in, but you can see "For Loyalty" and "For Courage" to either side of the main rotunda.

ohiostatetrip2010061cro.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us