Lambeau Throwing Its Hat In

BOJ

So Lambeau wants to bid for the championship game too. While I dig the idea of playing in storied venues, the league needs to do what is best for the players and teams. The two teams playing in the game are going to bowl games a few weeks later; let's keep em' healthy and a little practice within the confines of the southernly climates (in other words, keep it indoors at that point) the teams will be playing in leads me to believe no Big Ten championship game cannot be played at Lambeau. Feel free to disagree.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5383940

Just my opinion, buyt here are places I see as appropriate...

1) Chicago. Only issue if Northwestern somehow got in, it would be a home field, but it's Northwestern so eh.

Chicago has a crapload of B10 alumni from all schools.

Absolutely true. I was just pointing out that it is technically a home game for Northwestern, but that would not be that big a deal in a town like Chicago...

ANd Arrowedhead ain't hosting the title game if Mizzou gets in... Just sayin...

So Lambeau wants to bid for the championship game too. While I dig the idea of playing in storied venues, the league needs to do what is best for the players and teams. The two teams playing in the game are going to bowl games a few weeks later; let's keep em' healthy and a little practice within the confines of the southernly climates (in other words, keep it indoors at that point) the teams will be playing in leads me to believe no Big Ten championship game cannot be played at Lambeau. Feel free to disagree.

I say let them learn a lesson of playing the field. I would VOTE for Lambeau Field, Soldier Stadium as Big Ten Champion Sites. A Cold einviornment is just as suspect as a Warm one..These kids that want to make it to the NFL,well then, they need to ADAPT to whatever conditions.

• 1 month later...

I say let them learn a lesson of playing the field. I would VOTE for Lambeau Field, Soldier Stadium as Big Ten Champion Sites. A Cold einviornment is just as suspect as a Warm one..These kids that want to make it to the NFL,well then, they need to ADAPT to whatever conditions.

I agree. I think that this thread illustrates that football has become too "wussified" in recent decades. Green Bay would fit fine in the rotation of stadiums, and as for handling an influx of tourists, Wisconsin is a tourism state forgodsake. We don't seem to have an issue having a pro team here, and we seem to handle NFL playoff games just fine, so the "small town can't handle tourists" line doesn't fly. As for it being difficult to get in and out....we DO have airports here, and NEWS FLASH: they'll even let planes land in Green Bay! As for the elements.....pfft....grow some nads. The weather isn't bad here when CCG time comes rolling around. Lambeau is a slam dunk to be put in a rotation of CCG stadiums. If you want to go someplace 90 degrees and more suitable for sun-bathing instead of playing football, chances are that you'll be going to a major southern bowl after the championship game anyway, win or lose, so you can have your sauna-like weather then.

I agree. I think that this thread illustrates that football has become too "wussified" in recent decades. Green Bay would fit fine in the rotation of stadiums, and as for handling an influx of tourists, Wisconsin is a tourism state forgodsake. We don't seem to have an issue having a pro team here, and we seem to handle NFL playoff games just fine, so the "small town can't handle tourists" line doesn't fly. As for it being difficult to get in and out....we DO have airports here, and NEWS FLASH: they'll even let planes land in Green Bay! As for the elements.....pfft....grow some nads. The weather isn't bad here when CCG time comes rolling around. Lambeau is a slam dunk to be put in a rotation of CCG stadiums. If you want to go someplace 90 degrees and more suitable for sun-bathing instead of playing football, chances are that you'll be going to a major southern bowl after the championship game anyway, win or lose, so you can have your sauna-like weather then.

I think my original point has been lost in translation. Absolutely nothing against Green Bay or any cold climate city, all the Big Ten games take place in them. Simply that a few weeks after the championship game those two teams will be playing in a warm weather bowl game, most likely against teams that have been playing in warm weather all year. It would be nice to have a game in that type of environment (without the need to beat the crap out of each other by having the elements force a team to run it all day long) just prior to having to play a bowl game in similar conditions. That is all, it had nothing to do with any city.