Haters in Big 10 Country

Choice for Nebraska:

A program in a state with a population of less than 2M being left to the whims of others and possibly ending up in a conference with KSU, ISU, Kansas and Baylor-- after the Texas Six (Pac 10) and Missouri (Big 10) leave.

Or

Force our own destiny and head to the Big Ten and all that it brings. etc, etc, etc.

If the above translates to it being "about money", then i guess, damn straight was about money. Moving to a mansion vs being left at the doorstep of a homeless shelter? Yeah, I guess a choice like that does involve money.

Its incredibly simple minded to think the choice was just money vs more money. If that was really, truly all this was based on then frankly it wouldn't have been worth it to Nebraska or the Big 10 to make the move.

And that isn't even touching on the important issue of how much better we fit culturally amongst our new partners.

Simple mindedness at play here. As others have said, he's just pissed because NW has been shoved down yet another rung on the conference totum poll.

It's hard for me to understand people feeling that sorry for FBS players. They're getting full ride scholarships worth $50-100k, they're worshiped by the fans, they get tons of gorgeous young women, and they get to play a game they love during the most energetic years of their lives. Sure they'd love to get an additional $10,000 check every year, but they've got it pretty damn good either way. In this world, there are a lot of people much more deserving of our pity.

His point about the academic side of the deal being a silly front is correct of course, but nothing most of us didn't know already, and certainly nothing worthy of an article in a major newspaper. And I agree the championship game is absurd, but he doesn't really go into any detail.

The subtitle would have made a decent tweet ("The name's a sham, much like Big Ten's spiel that this isn't about money.") but there's not much else being said.