Greetings from a Texas fan... need some help..

Great board you guys are running here. Let me first say I come in peace. Although things between our two schools have been heated over the last year, I've always rooted for Nebraska when they weren't playing Texas and I really don't see that changing any time soon. You've got a classy program with classy fans.

I've lurked on here for a while but since football season is upon us I thought I'd register and hopefully partake in some good discussions leading up to our game in October. The last trip I made to Lincoln was in 2006 and it was one of the best road trips and game day experiences I've had as a college football fan. Nebraska fans lived up to the hype and I'm definitely looking forward to coming back next month.

That said, I think some policies may have changed at NU since 2006 with regards to RV parking. In '06 we came in and parked in a lot just off campus next to a large field (I know, very vague) on the Friday morning before the game and paid $50 or so to stay there through Sunday. I called NU and they said the only parking available was at the Midway on Innovation Campus but they wouldn't open the lot until Saturday morning.

Could one of you point me in the right direction for finding a location? We should be arriving around lunch time on Friday.

I'll save the game day talk and breakdowns until we each have at least a game under our belts but hope to have some good discussions. I think that we can at least all agree that it's a good thing that football season is back!

One last thing... I had some really good discussions four years ago on another NU message board and they were very helpful (invited my friends and I to tailgates, gave us restaurant suggestions, etc). I'm hoping this board will do the same, but are there some other NU Message Boards out there besides Rivals?

Good luck against Western Kentucky and I look forward to NU being undefeated when we come into town in October.

Hook'em

Great board you guys are running here. Let me first say I come in peace. Although things between our two schools have been heated over the last year, I've always rooted for Nebraska when they weren't playing Texas and I really don't see that changing any time soon. You've got a classy program with classy fans.

I've lurked on here for a while but since football season is upon us I thought I'd register and hopefully partake in some good discussions leading up to our game in October. The last trip I made to Lincoln was in 2006 and it was one of the best road trips and game day experiences I've had as a college football fan. Nebraska fans lived up to the hype and I'm definitely looking forward to coming back next month.

That said, I think some policies may have changed at NU since 2006 with regards to RV parking. In '06 we came in and parked in a lot just off campus next to a large field (I know, very vague) on the Friday morning before the game and paid $50 or so to stay there through Sunday. I called NU and they said the only parking available was at the Midway on Innovation Campus but they wouldn't open the lot until Saturday morning.

Could one of you point me in the right direction for finding a location? We should be arriving around lunch time on Friday.

I'll save the game day talk and breakdowns until we each have at least a game under our belts but hope to have some good discussions. I think that we can at least all agree that it's a good thing that football season is back!

One last thing... I had some really good discussions four years ago on another NU message board and they were very helpful (invited my friends and I to tailgates, gave us restaurant suggestions, etc). I'm hoping this board will do the same, but are there some other NU Message Boards out there besides Rivals?

Good luck against Western Kentucky and I look forward to NU being undefeated when we come into town in October.

Hook'em

Welcome to the board!!! Sorry, I cannot give you any info on where to park though!!! I hope that someone on here is able to help you out!! GO BIG RED!

welcome to the board! i'm a fairly new member myselft and i think you'll really enjoy the insight you get on here....unfortunately i can't help you out with where to park but if you're looking for a tailgate when the game comes...hit me up! i have a few that i go to and we'd love to have you there! GBR!

That's exactly what I needed. Thank you, and again, I look forward to the discussions over the next few weeks.

And NE2, we might take you up on that. We'll bring the whiskey...

My guess would be you parked in lot 7. That lot always has RV's on gameday. Lot 11 is pretty good too.

The lot 7 crowd can get pretty wild, but as long as you are courteous, they should be too. A lot of middle aged and up people in there. You should have lots of opportunities to go car-to-car tailgating.

The lot 11 crowd is usually a bit more crazy/rowdy.