Improved Statuses

308_Husker

This may have been posted before, but I have a suggestion for the board. Would it be possible to view past statuses? For instance, on the Huskerboard homepage, could there be a link maybe at the bottom of the status window saying "View Past Statuses"? I know of several occasions where I've gotten on Huskerboard and have seen dialogues among the statuses about something significant somebody had posted as their status. Since it only keeps 5-10 statuses in the window it kicks that one status off, so it leaves the new visitor wondering what the heck happened.

It's just a thought. I'm just spit-balling

That would be handy - I think everyone at one time or another has logged in and seen a status update that was clearly reference an earlier update, and you need to see that earlier update. There's two problems with it, though.

1. We're presently looking into some changes on the Board. Without going into much detail - since we haven't hammered it out - any changes we make now would have to be recreated in a relatively short time.

2. To create an archive link, we'd need to write a custom query against the database that pulls any updates that fall within a specific range, format it, and then display it on a new page. That's going to take someone with a fair amount of both SQL and PHP expertise. While we have the former, we don't have the latter.

However, I'm going to pass this along to some folks that might be able to do it. No promises, but I like the idea. Just remember - even if we do it, there's no guarantee that we'd capture enough old updates to "connect" to a current one, and we can only do a finite number of pulls or the list would be impossibly long.

Good idea, though - I'll see what we can do. Thanks!