another season same old story

There's nothing wrong with criticizing a game no matter how well the team does. Plenty of things tonight were pretty disappointing i.e. penalties and a terrible second half defense.

On top of that, the team as a whole also did good things. I think it's best to have an equal balance of criticism and praise. But Bo had a point: his defense played poorly against a team that has gone 0-21 in the last two seasons and a game, just to be realistic.

I believe Bo called the run D embarassing, and I might well agree with that. WKU simply isn't that good and Bo, despite being head coach, is a obviouly a Defense minded guy. I'm pretty sure he expects the D to carry the offense this year, thus affording him the luxury of trying out a frosh QB. Overall, I think you could say the O looked more game ready last night then the D did. I thought it was rather apparent that people were out of position and communication was poor, particularly in the defensive backfield, this will not be a happy coaching staff.

There's nothing wrong with criticizing a game no matter how well the team does. Plenty of things tonight were pretty disappointing i.e. penalties and a terrible second half defense.

On top of that, the team as a whole also did good things. I think it's best to have an equal balance of criticism and praise. But Bo had a point: his defense played poorly against a team that has gone 0-21 in the last two seasons and a game, just to be realistic.

I believe Bo called the run D embarassing, and I might well agree with that. WKU simply isn't that good and Bo, despite being head coach, is a obviouly a Defense minded guy. I'm pretty sure he expects the D to carry the offense this year, thus affording him the luxury of trying out a frosh QB. Overall, I think you could say the O looked more game ready last night then the D did. I thought it was rather apparent that people were out of position and communication was poor, particularly in the defensive backfield, this will not be a happy coaching staff.

I most disappointed in fact the defense was piss poor in the 2nd half. Yea we won the game, but that performance will not get it done in the conference. It didnt help that sometimes WKU was going on a quick snap so Nebraska didnt have time to adjust. I think Carl saying they didnt know what to prepare for because its was a new coach with a new system, but its not an excuse. Their was some positive things(David played really well) and some negatives(that run up the middle, no defense in sight).

The defense will get better, Bo will guarnatee that. Last year against FAU we gave up 14 points, 400 yards and we seemed to be alright after that.

You would think that after 97 there wouldn't be much to complain about. We have had some down seasons but we aren't Iowa State. The truth of the matter is there will always be room for improvement. Bo will never believe the team is done learning and growing. Thats what growing up is all about and these are young impressionable men. I haven't heard to much bitching over yesterday but something is always not to someone elses liking. Lots of armchair quarterbacks and couchpotato coaches out there. The truth is 99.9% of us cant hold a candle to any one of these young mens athletic ability and the coaching staffs coaching ability. But this is the internet where opinions fly and we can voice our opinion. No matter what you say or bitch about on here it makes no difference but to yourself. You are screaming to the wind, yelling at no one. It doesn't matter who you think should be the quarterback because you've seen someone play 5 minutes. You haven't been into meetings and warm ups. You don't know about a particular players GPA or if there having Girlfriend trouble. You get what the media and the coaching staff feed you and anything else from student reports and Bo's salt water aquarium guy are purely speculation. The truth of the matter is that sadly 10 years ago, very little of this even existed. You would of needed to read the paper the next day to get information on your team. Now information streams so fast that i knew what the news reports were reporting 13 hours before it even hit a paper. This is a new time and a new era in information giving and recieving. We just all need to learn that though we have this powerful instrument called a computer and a voice to shout out to in HuskerBoard. We really are just average people with no one to shout to except eachother. We might as well be bitching back and forth in a bar.

Overall I thought that we played a great game on offense and a great on defense in the first half and so so in the Second. It was a great start for the 10' season. There were numerous Husker fans that I was tailgating with after the game that agreed with Bo's statements. We all agreed that the defense started to get comfortable.....way comfortable in the 2nd half. We allowed WKU to have a long run that almost was a TD and we allowed WKU to drive the ball on us more than our liking and Bo's liking.

These players got their toes wet today and some experience to build apon throughout the season. I have faith in our defense and I don't understand some of these "fans" getting upset over our D with the stupid Coz comments. This defense isn't near the disaster that Coz brought to Nebraska.