Big name recruits?

Guest Fanatic

Not sure about the others but Lydon Murtha is big time. This kid is a 4 star moose at 6-8 315, running a 4.9 40!! R U kidding?! This would be a HUGE land. He's #4 at his position and had previously committed to Minnesota, but word is Cally is working his magic ;) Go get em coach!

Hutchinson (MN)

Offensive tackle

Height: 6-foot-8

Weight: 315 pounds

40-yard dash: 4.9 seconds

Bench max: 350 pounds

Squat max: 590 pounds

Vertical leap: 28 inches

Guest Fanatic

Wow!!!! This guy sounds amazing!!! I got on rivals and looked him up, and aparently he committed to Minnesota last spring, but he has been reconsidering his commitment after his official visit there in December. Hope Cally can woo him into coming here!

yes and I think that bodes well for us that he committed so early to MN. Means it couldve just been a knee jerk reaction by a young kid to an offer and not one of much substance. doesnt sound like he even considered anyone else until now, and says he wont take any other trips besides NU. This is so strong. he is going to have his sox knoked off when he checks our spread. might not even go back home!!

Well add another Big Namer to this list of hopefuls. Call will be visiting big old boy Greyson Gunheim at his home in Cali this Sunday. looks like a bad ass that we could use in alotta places. possibly TE? would be a mean old TE. boy o boy..

His short list:

California Medium 12/12/2003 Yes

Nebraska Medium 11/14/2003 Yes

Oregon Medium None Yes

Oregon State Medium None Yes

Southern Cal Medium None Yes

Stanford Medium None Yes

Washington Medium 1/9/2004 Yes

Washington St. Low None Yes

notice were the only school not from the WC on this list. This actually could prove beneficial, b/c if he's even considering us that means he hasnt ruled out the midwest like alotta guys do just b/c of location, so if hes open minded we may have a strong shot. its nice to be differnt than the others on the list. and we dont have an OU or OSU or Mich to compete with. I like it.

4 stars rank: 21 as athlete

Sebastopol (CA)

Analy

Athlete

Height: 6-foot-6

Weight: 240 pounds

40-yard dash: 4.49 seconds

Bench max: 325 pounds

Squat max: 490 pounds

Vertical leap: 36 inches

GPA: 3.7

SOLID! :) Wow these kids sound like sum manamals. You cant not like what were gettin outta the new coaches so far. Hopefully it isnt just a hpye period tho and they can cont this nex yr. Man if we can start landin a couple o these 4 stars then we can get some momentum goin and bada bing bada boom we're competin for the title agin!! beatuful. jus beatiful. good wurk boyz!! ;)

I'm not sure about Toal though. I thought his decision was up to Penn. St or V. Tech for his final visit?? Might be wrong.

This lineman is a giant.

And yes by the way this type of recruiting will continue. Blake has all ready realed in two commits for NU. The running back from Mississppi will be the third....I'll guarentee it. Only problem he might not qualify.

This is a good reference on recruiting for whomever put it up. Some of us don't have that subscription to those recruiting sites. Thank you.

redout

Hey this kid from Minnesota, Murtha, isn't just looking at NU, I beleive he is seriously considering committing to NU. From the way it sounds, he visited Minn. a couple weeks ago and wasn't very happy about what he saw.

Something along the lines of,"“I really don’t want to get into the specifics, but let’s just say I wasn’t happy with some of the things that happened on my visit,” Murtha said. “There was just some stuff we did that I really didn’t like.”

Now we will see what Callahan is made out of. He gets this kid we'll have Mutha and Schyler (kid last year who decommitted from OU to NU) as bookend Tackles. Two big, strong, NFL types.

He will commit!!!! I just get that feeling

redout

Yes me too Redout. From reading Murthas comments and the fact that he committed to MN so early last yr (May or June I believe) tells me that he really doesnt know what else is out there. and since we are his ONLY other school on his list, says alot considering he hadnt visited anywhere else until now b/c he was so committed. something really must have put him off about Minny.

BTW, I believe you were referring to Schuler instead of Schyler Redout...?

heres an updated list of the croots in town this wknd..

Nate Swift ***

Lance Brandenburgh ***

Mike Huff **

Clayton Sievers ***

Ty Steinkuhler ***

Mike McLaughlin **

Cornelius Thomas **

Lyndon Murtha ****

John Watts **

Adam Blankenship ***

Brandon Jackson ***

Fredrick Franklin (Louisiana product not ranked)

Gabe Hatchett ***

Beau Davis **

Anthony Parker *** (he's the only questionable visitor at this point)

Also Grixby and his family will meet with coach Callahan in Lincoln on Saturday morning. This is a great sign. hopefully will announce his decision for NU!!

hb