Wake could be dangerous!!!!

But if it happens continually and with different players, I would point to a problem with schemes or how they are taught.

Depends on what you mean by "schemes". If you mean the specific way a coach implements a given offense, then yes - calling the wrong plays at the wrong times or downs and distances, that sort of thing. But each offense has, at one time or another, been sucessful, so to say "scheme" to mean a particular offense, then no.

I suspect, however, you are referring to the former and not the later, though, and if so, I get your point and don't disagree.

I guess that "scheme" may not have been the proper term, I should have used "system." And yes, how they implement the system is what I was referring to.

I have heard alot about how big billy c's playbook is and how long his plays are. It just seems to be a very difficult system for college kids to grasp.

I don't buy that. Did you see that post a while ago where Pillen was talking about how plays are called at his high school? I'll see if I can dig it up.

Here: http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.ph...t=0entry28999

Wouldn't it make sense that, depending on your position, you need to know your role on the play, which is described by the play itself.

But if it happens continually and with different players, I would point to a problem with schemes or how they are taught.

Depends on what you mean by "schemes". If you mean the specific way a coach implements a given offense, then yes - calling the wrong plays at the wrong times or downs and distances, that sort of thing. But each offense has, at one time or another, been sucessful, so to say "scheme" to mean a particular offense, then no.

I suspect, however, you are referring to the former and not the later, though, and if so, I get your point and don't disagree.

I guess that "scheme" may not have been the proper term, I should have used "system." And yes, how they implement the system is what I was referring to.

I have heard alot about how big billy c's playbook is and how long his plays are. It just seems to be a very difficult system for college kids to grasp.

I don't buy that. Did you see that post a while ago where Pillen was talking about how plays are called at his high school? I'll see if I can dig it up.

Here: http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.ph...t=0entry28999

Wouldn't it make sense that, depending on your position, you need to know your role on the play, which is described by the play itself.

Absolutely, but if the play is 2 sentences long, as opposed to being a 7 word phrase, it would be easy to have something lost in the transfer.