Vote for what school has the most tradition!

Pile

Guest Visitor_WyomingHusker

Like I said, Callahan and Pederson will change and ruin all of what is left of NU tradition. Gill is thinking of leaving, and Callahan is recruiting heavely in California for his west coast offense. You will see fewer and fewer instate recruits. Another tradition gone!

K-State, who ended who's tradition?

Huskers by far have the greatest tradition. Our fans span across the country. Here in Calif. we had a bar called the Husker Club and Suds bar. Hey Wyoming as far as recruiting in CA. Keep in mind Ralph Brown came from CA, Mike Brown from AZ, JD and the Peter bros from NJ and the list goes on. I am from CA, but I would have given my left nutt to play for NU. Check out Rivals 100 and tell me how many of the top 100 are from Nebraska!

Fans or not, one of the great things about Nebraska football was the small town kid that made it to the big time to NU. They played 8 man football or came from a town of 900 people to play for the Huskers. Most had to walk on and let the out of state big name recruits get the scholarships. Where did some of the anchors on the line come from over the years? Nebraska! It has happend over and over many many times. I have followed Big REd and and have been a fan since 1968. I grew up in Nebraska and know what being a fan is. I know the traditions that were built over the years. Only to see Pederson throw some of it away. I am sure Big Red will have good seasons and next year might be a surprise and be great. They won't beat Okalhoma!

But Pedersons changes will ignore instate recruits for big name out of state recruits more than ever. Yes the team will be in Nebraska but not many of the players. Look at the rosters over the years, over half the team was made up of Nebraska kids from a state of only 1.5 million people. A testament in itself. A whole state with fewer people than most California cities!

WyHus, getagrip. either you are a fan of Nebraska the program or you are not. I appreciate your sentiment but my loyalty runs deeper than a superficial guy like pederson and Im sure many in here will agree. I just cant stand to see the name 'husker' in your handle and that blasted communist flag in your sig. Thats just wrong man!!

Anwy, CalHusker I also applaud your enthuisam (but glad to hear you still have a complete pair), and wud be intersted to visit that Husker bar in Cali. Is it still around?

by the way, you guys might be interested in this other thread we had going a while back about the WCO and its affects on Neb football state wide etc. check out blackshirts post half way down. intresting questions

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.ph...p?showtopic=375

rc

I agree Red. As a true husker by birth (Dad from Lincoln, Mom from McCook), I bleed Nebraska Red. I was very unhappy how SP treated our long time faithfulls, but true husker commitment goes far beyond SP, BP, BC...and the rest of the alphabet. I agree with huskerfan that we need a more balanced attack. Wouldn't it be great to have success both running and passing. I believe that the WCO will simply open things up a little. More formations, more "options". People have referred to Notre Dame's struggle with the WCO, but they did fine the year before and came very close to beating us (thank you Eric). The bottom line is we don't really know what to expect. We are all nervously waiting and hoping. I would love nothing more to see the option worked to perfection only to catch the other team off guard with a fullback trap for a long gain or a streaking tight end getting behind the Db's. But to be perfectly honest, I think we all just want to win. I want to beat OU so bad I can taste it. I want BP and BS so frustrated they can't see straight. I want to dominate a Florida team just like we did when we crushed Wuerfell in the fiesta bowl. I want to see Miami players sucking air in defeat. I want everything every true husker fan wants and I just hope SP and BC and company do too. If not, I've gotta rope! ;) GO BIG RED!

p.s. no, sadly the husker club is no longer, but there are a lot gathering places that fill with Red and White when NU is playing. It's Awsome!