Headline of the Day: NU pass offense forgot to bring their HANDS to the big UT game

We "finished" this utterly disappointing game 8 of 21 for 77 yards passing with 0 TDs. We dropped 8 catch-able balls or we could have finished a good solid day with 16 for 21 in the air for at least twice as many yards and 3 passing TDs. If our receivers caught just the majority of the passes they dropped today and it likely would have made up for ALL of the other team mistakes or weaknesses we displayed. Execute these plays and I think we would all be drunk and happy and swaggering in front of our TVs watching OSU get beat by Wisconsin and booking accommodations in Dallas in December.

I wish someone could figure out the psychology that is behind such epic human failures like this. If you are a skill player at this level of competition, you should be able to catch 99 out of 100 (NOT 50 of 100) balls that are thrown over the defender and within your reach. It should be AUTOMATIC! The HARD part of being a pass receiver is learning from your coaches and experience how to be a good run blocker and how to run good enough routes to get open and then do the EASY part that a good receiver can do in his sleep-- CATCH IT!

I played all sports up through HS and it's clear even in HS who the guys are that have the necessary hand to eye coordination to catch almost any thing and every thing that is thrown their way. There's not much left to coach once you are born with the innate physical ability necessary to catch stuff with your hands. You either have it or you don't.

2. Watson called several pass plays that successfully put several skill players in position to make a big play in the air to overcome Texas undisputed victory in the ground game.
  3. Taylor and Zak both EXECUTED the called play and put the ball away from the defenders and into the catch-able range of the pass receiver.
  4. The receivers EXECUTED the hardest part of what they are coached to do and they ran a route that put them in a wide open or advantageous position to catch the ball.
  5. After so much good work by so many of their teammates, they had one little easy thing left to EXECUTE, the part that they could do already when they were 6 years old-- and they all CHOKED and cost us another big game and any shot at the MNC this year...

The fans and the players will all get over this in our own time and in our own way, but the bottom line biggest difference maker in the game today was that we called the number of several skill players who forgot their hands somewhere on the way to the Big Game. I sure hope they find them soon, because Texas and SDSU proved T-Mart and our run game can be stopped.

And as I finish this post, the clock hits zero as Wisconsin upsets OSU and we all just puke our guts out as the college football gods pour salt into our wounds...

We "finished" this utterly disappointing game 8 of 21 for 77 yards passing with 0 TDs. We dropped 8 catch-able balls or we could have finished a good solid day with 16 for 21 in the air for at least twice as many yards and 3 passing TDs. If our receivers caught just the majority of the passes they dropped today and it likely would have made up for ALL of the other team mistakes or weaknesses we displayed. Execute these plays and I think we would all be drunk and happy and swaggering in front of our TVs watching OSU get beat by Wisconsin and booking accommodations in Dallas in December.

I wish someone could figure out the psychology that is behind such epic human failures like this. If you are a skill player at this level of competition, you should be able to catch 99 out of 100 (NOT 50 of 100) balls that are thrown over the defender and within your reach. It should be AUTOMATIC! The HARD part of being a pass receiver is learning from your coaches and experience how to be a good run blocker and how to run good enough routes to get open and then do the EASY part that a good receiver can do in his sleep-- CATCH IT!

I played all sports up through HS and it's clear even in HS who the guys are that have the necessary hand to eye coordination to catch almost any thing and every thing that is thrown their way. There's not much left to coach once you are born with the innate physical ability necessary to catch stuff with your hands. You either have it or you don't.

2. Watson called several pass plays that successfully put several skill players in position to make a big play in the air to overcome Texas undisputed victory in the ground game.
  3. Taylor and Zak both EXECUTED the called play and put the ball away from the defenders and into the catch-able range of the pass receiver.
  4. The receivers EXECUTED the hardest part of what they are coached to do and they ran a route that put them in a wide open or advantageous position to catch the ball.
  5. After so much good work by so many of their teammates, they had one little easy thing left to EXECUTE, the part that they could do already when they were 6 years old-- and they all CHOKED and cost us another big game and any shot at the MNC this year...

The fans and the players will all get over this in our own time and in our own way, but the bottom line biggest difference maker in the game today was that we called the number of several skill players who forgot their hands somewhere on the way to the Big Game. I sure hope they find them soon, because Texas and SDSU proved T-Mart and our run game can be stopped.

And as I finish this post, the clock hits zero as Wisconsin upsets OSU and we all just puke our guts out as the college football gods pour salt into our wounds...

I think some guys with crooked noses from Vegas paid a visit to Kinnie and Paul this week.