Beyond 2010

huskers1

Since 2008 I have been saying this will be our year. Combining the fact that Paul, Lee, Helu, Mcneil, Williams, Henry, Prince, Allen, Hagg and Gomes are all seniors with the fact that UT, OSU, KU and MU all lost most of their firepower I thought the stars aligned perfectly for this year. With only one loss and the potential to move up drastically with two huge wins the next two weeks I'm not ruling out the fact that this season still won't be very successful.

With that said nobody could have predicted that T-Mart would be as explosive and start this year. He is obviously a great runner, but obviously struggles in his pocket presence, coverage reads and reads in the run game as well. He will only get better at those other things. An example would be Pryor. He was a great runner his freshman year and now he is almost strictly a passer-but has the potential to kill you with his legs.

Add in the fact that we are completely stockpiling o-linemen and the hope that we will still get Green and Heard to join Burkhead in the backfield and I think our offense will be as explosive as it has ever been. Add in Reed, Baptise, K. Bell and Enunwa and on paper we should be very potent.

A lot of this depends on if Wats keeps learning from teams like Oregon and other spread teams in the off-season and if Gilmore and Cotton can develop their players better than they have in the past. Ideally I'd like to see us hire Frost away to coach the WR's and Cotton keeps progressing.

I dont think Taylor will ever become a pass first quarterback. Hes just too fast and too good running the ball. By his junior or senior year he should be an above average passer and should throw consistently for 160-200 yards a game, but hes not going to be a 25-30 attempt quarterback.