GoBigRed!

Losing to Texas blows, BUT... You think it hurt as a FAN, I can only imagine how these players must feel... I mean, who the heck wants to be the guy to make a mistake and watch a win bounce away or WORSE THAN THAT, lose a game that they have given their BEST AVAILABLE effort in? Man, THAT would suck... So, I for one, can give these guys a break, but what I REALLY want to see is some absolute fired UP playing and players. Maybe that's being culled out of them because of celebration penalties and what-not...? Remember what the ENTIRE team looked like when our D used to absolutely SCRUB the floor with a QB for a loss? A LOT of years of that, but I mostly remember seeing it when the 90's teams were up and running. My God, HALF OUR TEAM jumped up and threw the bones on a good smash-back! You could just SEE and HEAR the abdomen muscles tighten, the teeth gnash, biceps flex, the 'GYEAH! over a good play like that and every team player FED off of that, like some pride on a fresh wildebeest carcass. Offense fed off of D, and Defense fed off of the O. It was a THING O' BEAUTY. Hey, it ain't like THIS CURRENT TEAM isn't making some hellish GREAT plays out there too, but I just don't see the 'here, could you hold my eyes for a second while I run over to this guy and rip his throat out' kind of attitude being displayed. Not saying it ISN'T THERE, (believe me, I would NOT want any of our defensive OR offensive line to tackle ME!) but I just don't 'see it' like I used to. Doesn't mean these young guys AND our coaches aren't DOING JUST THAT, I'm just not seeing it demonstratively (Holy crap did I just SPELL that right!?!). These guys ARE getting after it, but it just seems like the fire isn't showing thru so the other team and OUR TEAM can see it... Look, I SUCKED at football, but one year, my Dad (who did NOT suck at football) taught me to play like an absolute rabid animal, to LIVE to tear thru the line, to GROWL and gnash at opposing players. He said that it would carry me thru. It would 'affect' anyone around me. It worked! I had to re-learn that 'skill-set' after I joined the Army and had to face a bunch of tough challenges... Guess what. It worked AGAIN. Crazed, live baby-eating, pawing the dirt like an animal football playing is what I wanna see! Bet we do folks, bet before this season is done, we see some FIRED UP Husker players that SHOW US that FIRE!

GO BIG G*%$#M RED!!! GYEAH!!!

• Fire 1

If they couldn't get fired up for this game I don't know what it's going to take...

See, that's just it tho... Just because the fan-base was fired up doesn't mean the team was... This doesn't just fall back on this years team, I haven't seen truly FIRED UP play for years now... I think this is the year tho. I'll bet they get FIRED UP for Mizzou AND for Colorado AND Iowa State. You know, a lot of people seemed to slap coach Pelini silly for some of his fire breathing antics last couple of years, and I can see where he isn't as animated this year. Maybe I'm missing the emotion from the players and I'm off-base, but it seems sorta low-key lately (and I'm talking since about 2002 lately...) Maybe none of my posts matter and I'll just fade to black and let the games play out (like I have a choice OTHERWISE, right?). I just think if we saw Jared Crick doing a 48 inch lateral leap with that mustache in a uniform after slamming a QB 4 inches into the turf, the rest of the team would start to take notice. Of course, if ANYONE ever saw Jared Crick do a 48 inch lateral leap, I'm guessing someone would notice!!! I don't care if it's an 8 inch lateral leap as long as blood was leaking out the player's eyes and his hair is on end while his jaw muscles are clenched like a vice on the opponents jugular (or femoral, that would be OK)... I absolutely LOVE watching this team play and mistakes or not, they are still 'my' team. GO BIG *&%$#@^*$# RED!!!