Will Miss the Games With Nebraska

The Ref

The last game against Nebraska for Missouri. Well, I for one will miss playing the Husker Nation. I have posted here for the past 4 or 5 years, I used to be SC Tiger, password problems, but wanted to wish Good Luck to the Huskers going to the Big 10. I hope the Huskers dominate, showing how really good the old Big 12 really was. Interesting that the North is dominating the South... finally, in the last year of the conference as originally designed.

In the long run, Missouri staying with the Texas schools is probably best for Missouri, MU, if it continues on this path, should place itself as the third best program in the conference, and keeps it's recruiting pipeline pumping from Texas. Nebraska? Great move for the Huskers, you have to take the opportunity to go to the Big TEN. The leadership of Delaney and the money involved is fantastic.

Maybe as things shake out, Nebraska and Missouri will once again be in the same mega-conference, until then. I will root for Nebraska to take care of tOSU and the rest of the pretenders.

As far as this week, kind of ironic that the series ends with a championship on the line, Missouri has been a formidable foe to Nebraska the past decade as Pinkel built a solid program in Columbia. Smith, Daniel and the rest brought Missouri to a respectable position by making Nebraska a program to emulate. Many MU fans won't say that, but it is true. MU is on the right path under Pinkel, who has done it the right way, brick by brick.

A game of contrasting styles, MU's spread, throwing around the yard, vs Nebraska's read option with an explosive freshman QB who now seems to have found his passing touch.

At the same time, Missouri seems to have found a rushing attack with 175yds vs Oklahoma. I am sure opens the eyes of both defensive coordinators going into Saturday.

Game to be determined by the usual, turnovers, line-play, and special teams. I am hoping for an epic battle.. determined on a Ressel 44 yd field goal for a Missouri win... I am sure you each have a different ending in mind.. lol

A very interesting game, full of great matchups, and unfortunately, from my point of view at least, a sad day as the Nebraska - Missouri series ends.

Best of Luck to the Huskers

Honestly - NU vs Mizzou is the only game that I will miss in moving to the Big 10. OU was taken from us, just hate Texas, and the CU game IS NOT A RIVALRY. True I am hoping for a big Husker win, maybe a 57yd FG by Henry.

Either way - should be a good game. These will be missed.

Oh and don't stop at #3 in the conference. I won't be happy until Texas is in the cellar.

I would love to say that I will miss the Missouri game, but the truth is that ever since the beginning of the Big XII Nebraska has been the kid that awkwardly stands in the corner at the party. Our girlfriend/best-friend (whatever metaphor you like) was taken by a cooler and better looking school in Texas. We had NO history with any of the south schools. KSU will always be mostly interested in KU, KU will always have the border war with MU, and I am sorry but we will not hang out with the stupid pot smoking wanna-be hippie kid named Colorado. Point of the story is that Nebraska never was really at home in the Big XII and that is the fault of nobody. And I will sincerely say that at the conclusion of this year I will pull for every team from the former North division to destroy those money-grubbers to the south. Here's hoping that the grass will be greener in the Big 10.