NU 9th in AP Poll (10/31)

Nexus

its too early to be thinking this, but consider that we end up in a BCS game (not national title), comparing the teams we could meet, wouldnt it be cool to play against LSU in a bcs game?

I'd love that matchup. We might just hold LSU to negative total yardage.

Unfortunately, our likely opponent (if we won the Big 12) would be the worst team available. Meaning, unranked Big East Champ, here we come! We are going to destroy 'Cuse!

its too early to be thinking this, but consider that we end up in a BCS game (not national title), comparing the teams we could meet, wouldnt it be cool to play against LSU in a bcs game?

Unfortunately, our likely opponent (if we won the Big 12) would be the worst team available. Meaning, unranked Big East Champ, here we come! We are going to destroy 'Cuse!

I don't think we'll get LSU either, because we'd be in the Fiesta and the Sugar would very likely take LSU.

But why would we get the worst team available? Does the Fiesta have the last choice this year?

I don't think we'll get LSU either, because we'd be in the Fiesta and the Sugar would very likely take LSU.

But why would we get the worst team available? Does the Fiesta have the last choice this year?

Yes, the BCS Bowl that hosts the Nat'l Champ Game gets the last pick of available teams (after tie-ins) in it's regular BCS Game.

It's unfortunate that if we got an at-large BCS bid, we would likely play a much better team.