First Trip to Aggie Land

ZRod

Alright, with all the negativity the last two and a half days I thought Id just take some time to talk about a few positives from my experience in College Station.

Wasnt able to get to town early enough to tailgate but my god there were SO many spots to go to. Plenty of huskers mixed in with the Aggies too. Only scuffle I saw was some drunken frat boy mouthing off and telling some blue hairs to walk on after the game. Really a nice campus and a good stadium as well little steep and a long walk to the top but what can you do about it?

During the game there was an incident and Ill have to talk about the negative to get to the positive. One of the ushers not the hired security but an official A&M staffer came to the row behind us and told a lady that he needed her sign. When she asked what was going on he became sterner and told her to give me the sign. She pointed out that other people including the student section had signs and he responds with, Well, YOU cant have one! He proceeded to walk down the isle and snatch the poster from her. The sign was just a play on ABC that read our blAckshirts are Better than your wrecking Crew. This guy really pissed me off and it took a lot not to go Bo on him after the game. But everyone around us from A&M was apologizing for his behavior after the game and I really, really appreciated that. I thought they really showed the character of the people much better than that dbag did. (Not sure what the rules are but I counted at least 10 signs in the student section that stayed the whole game. Not to mention the PSA at the beginning only mention that umbrellas are not allowed never mentioning signs and every fan has a towel.)

That brings me to the fans as a whole. WOW! Defiantly a great atmosphere in the stadium and was very loud. I was defiantly taking note as a student and pretty jealous of their section behind the bench who were loud even through the commercial breaks. Never heard anyone complaining about standing or even Husker fans standing. Half time performance was impressive Ill have to admit that you guys have one hell of a band. Nothing flashy like you see at NU, but the technical aspect of maneuvers and formations where pretty impressive.

Needless to say after the game I wasnt very happy and I usually dont talk when Im in that bad of a mood, but every A&M fan that walk past was saying good game and complementing us on our team their speed and things like that. I couldnt help but change my mood they were really friendly and just wanted to talk about everything under the sun. My dad whos pretty quiet couldnt get this one guy off his ear. Was really a great guy and was genuinely interest in our team and our thoughts and sharing his Aggies with us. Even thought the roughing penalty was bs and wished it didnt end that way.

Overall it was a great experience and I think Texas A&M has some of the best fans Ive ever been around hats off to you guys and good luck so long as were not playing each other.