Building an Offense

Back in HS, our team sucked my senior year. We got a new coach andI felt strongly our coach had an offense set up, and looked our players, not talent, to fill the positions. The coach insisted we run the wishboad--although we had several good recievers, we had no solid running back. It was a long ugly season my senior year. I felt a better coach would have looked at the talents of our team and built an offense around our talent.

I get the same feeling about this year's Nebraska offense. Instead of trying to cookie cutter players into a pre-planned offense, Coach C needs to assess the strengths of our team -- a solid running back, a quarterback who can complete short passes (2 step drop or less)-- and build an offense around the avaliable talent.

IMO its better to start over sooner than later. :woo

i really get the feeling he is going to run his offense with no regard for results..our only hope is eventually we recruit enough guys at the skill positions to "fit his dream".......it is not about winning for cally, it is about being "right" and running "his offense".......after last year and the 3 games played this year, it is hard to sse this any other way......that is a realistic assessment of what is going down here.....i am not criticisizing or condemning the guy (although i don't like what i see), it is just a fact!! there is no other good explanation for what we are seeing here.........

hunter