Reaction to the Season....yada yada

I had I think the same expectations as some of you did going into the season: Win 10 games, win the Big XII by facing Oklahoma, and go to the Fiesta Bowl and win that. So before I hammer in all the disappointments about this season, I'll go ahead and say some positive, "steps forward", that happened this year. Our defense proved that yes, we will be just as good if not better without Ndamukong Suh. We were the number 2 secondary in the country and we made good QBs look silly (except Landry Jones, man did he perform tonight). We went into hostile environments and won. This didn't happen last year (with the exception of Missouri). This year we won games @ Iowa State, @ Oklahoma State, @ Washington, @ Kansas State, and only lost one on the road to Texas aTm (but I won't discuss my opinion on that game) I would say those are our two biggest successes of this year.

But I can't think of this season as anything but disappointing. Because it was a season of what could have been if the offense showed up for 3 key games this year: Texas, Texas aTm, and Oklahoma in the Big XII Championship Game. In all of these games, our players didn't execute, but the play calling didn't give them a chance to execute. For God's sake, Shawn Watson, how hard is it to figure out what was successful against Oklahoma tonight? The one rushing TD, we ran between the tackles! There's an old saying, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." Running between the tackles wasn't broke, and the only times it didn't work was when we ran the zone read. I don't know of many teams who will be successful running between the tackles if they start 4 yards behind the line of scrimmage at a standstill when they get the ball. Sure it works every now and then, but we were more effective lining up under center and running it up the middle. This is why Shawn Watson needs to be fired. He tries to do too much and it sometimes works, but when it doesn't, he just keeps going at it.

Obviously Taylor Martinez played like a freshman in a big game. Those happen. And it's all a part of growing up. But you would think that he would know to throw the ball away when he doesn't see anything. I don't blame him as much for this loss as I do Shawn Watson because he is a freshman and he is still growing and he will be better because of this.

But that's just my opinion of this year.

Alex Henery kicks ass. I will miss him very much. Adi Kunalic too.

Hopefully we play a team > UConn and win, it will make us look better