Tim Beck

There has been a lot of talk about Tim Beck for OC, and that him and Brown are the two "safe" coaches. My question is: why all the love for Beck? He has not been bad like Gilmore and Cotton, I understand that. I also understand he was the passing game coordinator (I think, may have that wrong) while KU was in their prime. But why does everyone think he'd be so great as Nebraska's OC?

IMO the running backs haven't been that tremendous - yes Helu did amazing things this year, but he was never a guy that you knew would take the game over and win it himself. Rex is playing just like he did in high school, straight forward and fight for every inch on every play, it didn't take amazing coaching from Beck for that to happen.

I'm not saying Beck wouldn't be a good OC, and I think he's done well with the RBs. I just want to know what exactly makes everyone think he will be so much better (other than the obvious answer of - it can't be any worse than Watson). Is their something on his resume that I'm overlooking?

There has been a lot of talk about Tim Beck for OC, and that him and Brown are the two "safe" coaches. My question is: why all the love for Beck? He has not been bad like Gilmore and Cotton, I understand that. I also understand he was the passing game coordinator (I think, may have that wrong) while KU was in their prime. But why does everyone think he'd be so great as Nebraska's OC?

IMO the running backs haven't been that tremendous - yes Helu did amazing things this year, but he was never a guy that you knew would take the game over and win it himself. Rex is playing just like he did in high school, straight forward and fight for every inch on every play, it didn't take amazing coaching from Beck for that to happen.

I'm not saying Beck wouldn't be a good OC, and I think he's done well with the RBs. I just want to know what exactly makes everyone think he will be so much better (other than the obvious answer of - it can't be any worse than Watson). Is their something on his resume that I'm overlooking?

Because he's not Watson...