Line Play?

The penalties here don't scare me much. I was happy to hear that the real scrimmage (previous Saturday) there were only like 3 of them made and it was by the third string unit. To me a lot of the penalties are from a lack of concentration on our lines part. Early in the Spring I know that Cotton got pissed that his line was jumping and tried to blame it on the QB cadence which to me was a chicken sh#t way of handling it. His guys need to focus on whats going on and learn to block out distractions. Part of that is that there has been zero development on the line the last 3 years and basically other than the kids have gotten in better shape from conditioning and perhaps learned a few things threw repetition, they've pretty much been on their own to develop. There just hasn't been a very good level of coaching. And IMO that's been pretty much Cotton everywhere he's been over his entire career.

• Fire 1