AD of WF calls on fans to be more like NU fans

DaveH

i go to west virginia... and i went to the vt game... everytime that any vt fan walked by every1 booed and threw things at them, even little kids... i went here because of the fact that the passion for sports here reminded me of nebraska but it was closer to home, but really these fans are really fair weather, they leave after halftime at almost every game, and are really vulgar and sore losers. i really felt bad for the tech fans, there was even a vt fan in the student section, and because most of student section is drunk and cant comprend anything but "a v tech fan" there was pretty much a fight. everything they say about wv fans are true... take it from a student who knows wat great fans are... husker fans!!!

Honestly, being less abrasive does wonders for getting a message across.

I understand where you are coming from and I was about to agree with you, however, this is FREAKING COLLEGE FOOTBALL :wtf

People wishing people would die, using a derogatory slang for a homosexual, calling one a "pathetic excuse for a human being and a waste of life molecules" and straight up threatening someone, over what?? Over one person's views of a college football team and its administration :wtf Are you serious??

I hate CU, UT, KState, and all things Big 10, but I would never, ever, ever, EVER in a million years wish harm on the good people: fans, coaches, players, etc. of any of these schools. Its freakin' football, not war and peace as if the fate of the world depends on it. If people get THIS pissed off about it, they are pure losers and truly need to get a life. They would be better served spending less time on the Internet, Playstation, and XBox, and read a book on history occasionally.

As for those who somehow think that I am a Sooner fan, yeah, whatever. Just because Stoops is a very good head coach and I respect the success he has had. I respect alot of good coaches, Stoops, Spurrier, Snyder, Ferentz, Carroll, Weis, Paterno, Bowden, even McCarney. How that makes me less of an NU fan, I will never know.

Edit: For those who dont think I am an NU fan, I would be willing to bet I have more Husker memorabilia and old games on tape than alot of others out there.

Honestly, being less abrasive does wonders for getting a message across.

I understand where you are coming from and I was about to agree with you, however, this is FREAKING COLLEGE FOOTBALL :wtf

People wishing people would die, using a derogatory slang for a homosexual, calling one a "pathetic excuse for a human being and a waste of life molecules" and straight up threatening someone, over what?? Over one person's views of a college football team and its administration :wtf Are you serious??

I hate CU, UT, KState, and all things Big 10, but I would never, ever, ever, EVER in a million years wish harm on the good people: fans, coaches, players, etc. of any of these schools. Its freakin' football, not war and peace as if the fate of the world depends on it. If people get THIS pissed off about it, they are pure losers and truly need to get a life. They would be better served spending less time on the Internet, Playstation, and XBox, and read a book on history occasionally.

As for those who somehow think that I am a Sooner fan, yeah, whatever. Just because Stoops is a very good head coach and I respect the success he has had. I respect alot of good coaches, Stoops, Spurrier, Snyder, Ferentz, Carroll, Weis, Paterno, Bowden, even McCarney. How that somehow ends

I agree, but you have to understand:

A) People are passionate about Husker football.

B) When using an Internet messageboard, people say what they don't mean. It's easy to get a big head, talk big, etc. BUT, throwing backhanded insults, words and phrases that are obviously going to get a negative reaction, especially when it has with certain people over and over, doesn't help the situation. If anything it amplifies it.

Put those two things together with some folk and you get what you posted. Does that make it OK? No. But at the same time, continuing some lame argument when one persion could easily stop it doesn't help either. Let's meet somewhere in the middle. Someone be the bigger person.

Now, that aside, does that translate to our fans being not ones to model another fan base by? No. Not at all.

Now, that aside, does that translate to our fans being not ones to model another fan base by? No. Not at all.

Agreed. A few bad apples doesnt, or shouldnt spoil the whole bunch.

But for people to act this way and say terrible things like this, then pat themselves on the back and call themselves "Great fans, REAL fans"....... <_< C'mon.