baseball position switch

Good posts. I am enjoying this discussion.

Couple of things. I thought I read somewhere that Stucky chose to transfer? Do I recall incorrectly?

I can appreciate the line of thinking about 'less changes' than a person might think. Some good thoughts there. One of the things I am trying to determine is how do the players we have now fit in with the new philosophy and how fast will we try to transition to that philosophy. That makes it doubly hard to figure out.

Great to see us get another SS in Ethan Garlington

No doubt Coach Erstad will recruit to his style of play. However, I would think he would implement now. "Chaos on the bases" is more of a mindset, i.e. look to take the extra base whenever possible. Put pressure on the defense to make plays, or put pressure on defense to make mistakes...however you want to look at it. IMO, we are plenty athletic to begin this style of play. We may not have a 30 stolen base player on team, but that doesn't mean we can't be aggressive.

Coach Erstad is a product of Mike Scioscia and his philosophies/strategies. Another player that is a product of the same system is Vlad Guerrero. As a ranger fan, last year watching Vlad run I thought to myself, how slow is this guy. However, he had several big base running plays and it is because of, mindset- be aggressive; focus- look for opportunity; risk- does the reward out way the risk, i.e what is the situation; opportunity- is the defense sleeping.

Two of Nebraska's best base runners last year were our catchers; Tolentino and Burleson. Both are below average speed but were not liabilities on the base paths.