1# Husker fan in Iraq

I watched the 06 USC game while over there. Woke up @ 4 AM to see that horrible game. Hopefully every game is a win this year so you don't have to go through that.

The last time I was in Iraq I woke up early and watched the bowl game. It was a joke of a telecast by AFN. They took the 3 1/2 hour game and cut it to fit into a 1 hour time slot. So I basically watched nothing but a highlight reel. We won so it wasn't all bad, but really killed the hype I had going into the game. But was funny to watch the score jump like 3 touchdowns during the commercials lol.

I watched our bowl game against Michigan while i was over there, remember AFN and the french music videos... for those that have never seen, French music videos have hot naked women in them...gotta love those crazy guys. Stay safe.

While in Germany I seen topless ads for Orange Juice.....it worked I was thirsty.

Thanks guys, nice to see all the vets out there keeping busy, nice to hear from you guys! Wildman im sure you had a great time during basics... All i will say is when i went to ranger school my RI during Flordia phase was from Colorado and the biggest buffs fan ever according to him.... Once he found out where i was from we struck up a conversation and i asked how it felt to watch his team get his butt kicked all those years and he replied "Oh not bad compared to the hell im about to put you through the next three weeks" haha

• Fire 1

Thanks guys, nice to see all the vets out there keeping busy, nice to hear from you guys! Wildman im sure you had a great time during basics... All i will say is when i went to ranger school my RI during Flordia phase was from Colorado and the biggest buffs fan ever according to him.... Once he found out where i was from we struck up a conversation and i asked how it felt to watch his team get his butt kicked all those years and he replied "Oh not bad compared to the hell im about to put you through the next three weeks" haha

Yeah Probally not a great hing to say to the RI. I ended up washing out in 96. (Injury on jump) But I never got the mindset to go back. 11 series here brother.

The worst thing that ever happened to me was watching the TTU game while in Iraq in '04. Not only do I hope you stay safe, but hopefully, the only NU game shown on AFN isn't the worst game you've ever watched in your life.

I remember reading about that game and was thankful I couldn't watch it. I was no where near a FOB so my dad would send me articles from the Journal Star. I couldn't believe it.

lol thats classic. Yea I had a great time in basic, it was a lot of work and little sleep but I do miss it.

The iraqis i do know are more intrested in getting to america to see all of our women so most of their intrest and questions are about that sort of thing... akita im a 11B so props to you glad to know there is another 11 series nebraska fan, most of the guard guys i meet from nerbaska are support and such so they dont' really know alot of what im talking about most of the time... Thanks for the support guys GBR