Need gameday advice for unique situation.

So, I'm taking one of my friends to the OSU @ NU game, but here's the catch: He grew up in Ohio, and Ohio State is his #1 team. His military career brought him to Omaha, where he has lived for the last 20+ years. Accordingly, he has come to love the Huskers, making them his #2 team. This will also be his first game at Memorial Stadium. I usually have a tailgate party or two that I hang out at before the game, but I want him to get the full experience. Any thought on must-go places? I really haven't ventured outside of my 1-2 tailgate comfort zone, so I could really use the help.

NOTE: This is not my fist post. My previous account (Husker83) appears to have fallen down the pit of no return. I cannot recover the pw because the account name can't be found, but I can't create an account with that name because it's already in use.

So, I'm taking one of my friends to the OSU @ NU game, but here's the catch: He grew up in Ohio, and Ohio State is his #1 team. His military career brought him to Omaha, where he has lived for the last 20+ years. Accordingly, he has come to love the Huskers, making them his #2 team. This will also be his first game at Memorial Stadium. I usually have a tailgate party or two that I hang out at before the game, but I want him to get the full experience. Any thought on must-go places? I really haven't ventured outside of my 1-2 tailgate comfort zone, so I could really use the help.

NOTE: This is not my fist post. My previous account (Husker83) appears to have fallen down the pit of no return. I cannot recover the pw because the account name can't be found, but I can't create an account with that name because it's already in use.

I would say if you and your friend can get down to Lincoln a day or two before Saturday's game day, try to do The Experience Room located in the Osborne Complex. It only lasts 5 minutes or so, but it will get your blood boiling and ready for Saturday. This room is open to the public 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday. It is also open on Saturday, but they do not play the Experience Room video they just have the 3 Heisman trophies on display.

And if you or your friend have never eaten at Misty's in Lincoln...I would highly recommend it!

And if you are into the younger "party" atmosphere, the Nebraska pep band (the one from the Nebraska marching band) plays at Grandmother's (70th and A) on Friday night (as well as the Havelock Misty's -- but that's more relaxed/older crowd). Sets are at 10p and 11p -- and this tends to be more packed/fun the Friday's before the bigger games, so no clue how packed it will be this week... (but it's worth checking out if you don't have any other plans than the O Street Friday night plan).