Official Why We Beat MSU Thread

Just don't try to turn Taylor Martinez into Dan Marino again.

That seems like the big unknown in the game; can MSU's defense force Martinez to be a pocket passer. If Nebraska can run through them like Wisconsin did on several drives last week then MSU could be in for a long day.

Question - is Nebraska going to run more for the corners or between the tackles?

Nebraska likes the corner.

Interesting. I think MSU has the personnel to stop it - however I'm not sure they have any experience with the scheme. It might be the kind of game where they have to maintain composure since they will be having some breakdowns.

I expect to see MSU trying to create havoc in the pitch lanes on the option, and being aggressive against the zone read - trying to penetrate and attack like Auburn did against Oregon last year. If Martinez makes good decisions, and makes them quickly, he can make MSU pay.

I also expect MSU to get caught pressing to defend the run more than a few times. If Martinez can find the open man, Nebraska can bust a couple long pass plays. I also think that MSU will sit in a soft zone on obvious passing downs like Wisconsin did, and hope that Martinez makes a bad decision. Martinez will have to be smart with the football and find his checkdowns like he did against Ohio State.

Bottom line - if Martinez makes good decisions, Nebraska's offense is very difficult to stop.

Interesting. I think MSU has the personnel to stop it - however I'm not sure they have any experience with the scheme. It might be the kind of game where they have to maintain composure since they will be having some breakdowns.

I expect to see MSU trying to create havoc in the pitch lanes on the option, and being aggressive against the zone read - trying to penetrate and attack like Auburn did against Oregon last year. If Martinez makes good decisions, and makes them quickly, he can make MSU pay.

I also expect MSU to get caught pressing to defend the run more than a few times. If Martinez can find the open man, Nebraska can bust a couple long pass plays. I also think that MSU will sit in a soft zone on obvious passing downs like Wisconsin did, and hope that Martinez makes a bad decision. Martinez will have to be smart with the football and find his checkdowns like he did against Ohio State.

Bottom line - if Martinez makes good decisions, Nebraska's offense is very difficult to stop.

Well, if Tmart "and" Beck make good decisions we'll move the ball and score pts. I think there's a better than 50% chance they will. They're both coming along....

GBR!!