husker fans

jimmy1

i hate to say it but me as a husker fan and the majority of fans are as the wind blows. we win and all is right with the world, we lose and there must be a problem. now if we win 9 or 10 games a year now thats a big problem, mainly because there are no confrence titles or no bcs bids or national championships and etc. etc.... you do the math.i think we need to stick with the coach and with these kids and let them figure it out. whatever we think as fans this team is making progress. we have not won a championship since ..........1997. it is not like we are gifts to the college football world. take some humble pie and have patience we have good coaches and talent.

• Fire 1

That is nothing more than it has ever been in Nebraska. Going back to the Big 8 days, as a kid, I remember if we lost a single game, we had the feeling that the season was over. Now I have the feeling that we are okay with a loss, but 2 or three losses, the season is still over. Instead of expecting a NC, I have the feeling that people would be satisfied with a Conference Championship, and a good bowl game to go to, so in that regard - I really think Nebraska fans have lightened up a little bit.

I don't see the fanatical fans that I used to, either. When I was growing up, in the "old days", the state of Nebraska seemed to come to a stop when the football game was being played on the radio or the television on Saturday mornings. Now days, you ask most kids who Nebraska is even playing that week, they couldn't tell you.

The change in attitude at Nebraska is reflective of the change in attitude of the country, unfortunate. Young people have too many other things going on to care about a football game on Saturday afternoon.

That is nothing more than it has ever been in Nebraska. Going back to the Big 8 days, as a kid, I remember if we lost a single game, we had the feeling that the season was over. Now I have the feeling that we are okay with a loss, but 2 or three losses, the season is still over. Instead of expecting a NC, I have the feeling that people would be satisfied with a Conference Championship, and a good bowl game to go to, so in that regard - I really think Nebraska fans have lightened up a little bit.

I don't see the fanatical fans that I used to, either. When I was growing up, in the "old days", the state of Nebraska seemed to come to a stop when the football game was being played on the radio or the television on Saturday mornings. Now days, you ask most kids who Nebraska is even playing that week, they couldn't tell you.

The change in attitude at Nebraska is reflective of the change in attitude of the country, unfortunate. Young people have too many other things going on to care about a football game on Saturday afternoon.

I think this is true. Now it seems like I go all Saturday morning with no customers, and as soon as the game kicks off they come rolling in. Don't they understand, they should be home watching the game....then I could watch the game in peace. C'mon people, get your priorites straight!