Possible to limit "View New Content" to certain forums only?

I like to use the "View New Content" link to see all new posts on the board on one page. But there are a lot of forums or subforums I have absolutely no interest in, and I'd like to not have to wade through threads from those forums. Is there a way to customize it so I only see the forums and possibly sub-forums I select, or conversely, not show forums or sub-forums I mark to not be interested in?

I'd be happy with an option to just see the Sports new content and not the "Other Stuff".

I thought maybe if I selected "Follow this forum" for the ones I wanted and then used the "Content I Follow" link under my name it would do what I want, but it says "Sorry, we could not find any content you are following." So I don't know what Follow This Forum does, except maybe you can set it up to send you emails for updates? I don't want that.

I'll be traveling this weekend so I will be slow answering any followup questions or comments to my request.

Thanks

Unfortunately, the short answer is, "No". There's not an option to provide that kind of granular control on a per-user basis. And I can't think of a work-around.

You are correct - the Follow This Forum option is designed to set your subscription to notify you via email or PM when there are new posts and topics in the forum you select.

Sorry.