Experience

thequan

After any practice or film study, the truth of the matter is that experience trumps all. For example, getting our (young) O-Line out there to handle these B1G D-Linemen will help them become better at playing in this conference (Edit: More so than any other facet of preparation). Each game, in my opinion, is like preparing for a bowl game right now. We basically have to start from scratch with scheming, playcalling, etc. for all of these teams. Even if we aren't a BCS team again in the next year or two, I think that things will improve. We have a young and inexperienced team, and coaches who can develop defensive talent. Don't lose faith, this is our first year in the Big 10, and we were not a championship caliber team in this league to begin with. Guys will get smarter, faster, put on more weight, and NU will become a better football team in 2011.

After any practice or film study, the truth of the matter is that experience trumps all. For example, getting our (young) O-Line out there to handle these B1G D-Linemen will help them become better at playing in this conference (Edit: More so than any other facet of preparation). Each game, in my opinion, is like preparing for a bowl game right now. We basically have to start from scratch with scheming, playcalling, etc. for all of these teams. Even if we aren't a BCS team again in the next year or two, I think that things will improve. We have a young and inexperienced team, and coaches who can develop defensive talent. Don't lose faith, this is our first year in the Big 10, and we were not a championship caliber team in this league to begin with. Guys will get smarter, faster, put on more weight, and NU will become a better football team in 2011.

I think we'll be better next year also, but I still have my concerns. Overrated media press aside, this wasn't supposed to be our year anyhow especially the way B1G scheduled our games, MSU deserves to be in the inaugural champ game look at their schedule. I say recruit the HECK out of the game changing prospects and coach these boys up.