UC Davis professor demands chancellor resign over pepper-spraying of students

:wtf

At least it has a good ending.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjnR7xET7Uo&feature=youtu.be

UC Davis professor demands chancellor resign over pepper-spraying of students

School task force to look into police response to Occupy protesters

DAVIS, Calif. — A University of California, Davis professor is calling for the chancellor to step down, saying she is to blame for police pepper-spraying students during an Occupy protest on campus.

"You are responsible for it because this is what happens when UC Chancellors order police onto our campuses to disperse peaceful protesters through the use of force: students get hurt. Faculty get hurt," Nathan Brown, an assistant professor in the Department of English, wrote in an open letter to Chancellor Linda P.B. Katehi

He said she was accountable for "the police brutality which occurred against students engaged in peaceful protest."

Brown was referring to an incident Friday in which UC Davis police arrested 10 protesters and pepper-sprayed about a dozen more while trying to clear an Occupy encampment on campus, according to the Davis Enterprise.

The students who were pepper-sprayed were sitting on the ground, arms linked in solidarity. Brown said several of them had to be treated at the hospital.

"You are responsible for the police violence directed against students on the UC Davis quad on November 18, 2011. As I said, I am writing to hold you responsible and to demand your immediate resignation on these grounds," Brown wrote.

click link for full story

http://www.msnbc.msn...0/#.TshJblax2So

Replying to one's own thread is usually the first hint nobody cares much. Too much other crap going on in around the world and here.

an astute analysis.

I care about it. It's actually been discussed in the OWS thread as well.

Well, that makes two out of 7 billion.

I miss the days when cops used batons and guns.

Actually, the police told the students as they were sitting down that they were going to shoot them all, but I guess they realized that they only brought along rubber bullets, so the pepper sprayed them instead. They almost killed one of them, but it looks like she is going to make it.

Replying to one's own thread is usually the first hint nobody cares much. Too much other crap going on in around the world and here.

an astute analysis.

You sound like you need a hug. :(

an astute analysis.

Why would that be?

an astute analysis.

Why would that be?

You sound so unhappy. We're here for you, man. :thumbs

an astute analysis.

Why would that be?

So if I proved my point that nobody cares about the subject, you turn it into a personal attack and try to say I am emotional about it? Nice. This is a molehill, the mountain is trying to be made, but it ain't working. Instead how about try backing up OG with more links to the reaction of the outrage. At least I see how you play the game now.

an astute analysis.

Why would that be?

So if I proved my point that nobody cares about the subject, you turn it into a personal attack and try to say I am emotional about it? Nice. This is a molehill, the mountain is trying to be made, but it ain't working. Instead how about try backing up OG with more links to the reaction of the outrage. At least I see how you play the game now.

Hugs are personal attacks now? Is this bizzarro world? Batons and pepper spray are perfectly legitimate but hugs and feelings are attacks?

Fascinating stuff. We've always been at war with Oceania.