WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN

KIRBY

<_< I'm new to the board but have benn reading for a number of months. Here are some thoughts looking at things from both sides.

1. If we would have taken a knee vs Tech We Win

2. If we don't fumble against Miss. we take the lead and go on to win? Maybee!

3. If we don't throw two interceptions that give OU 10 points - we Win.

Thats 4 plays that leave us undefeated.

Now the other side.

1. If Pitt makes the FG we lose.

2. If ISU makes a play we lose.

Thats 2 plays that leave us starring at 3-5.

We are young and the future looks bright. Redshirt Beck, it would be a waste of a year of eligability for take it off now. Recruit the line ( both offensive and def. ) because thats where you win or lose --- most of the time.

My thoughts --- thanks!

Welcome to the board Kirby! Thanks for your input. Yea, with the close games we have been in this year, they could have gone either way. Against OU we didn't stop AP and we gave the ball up. We don't do that, we are in the game. Taylor had a bad game, that's for sure. Sucks for him because he probably won't be able to play Oklahoma again.

I agree with the Tech game, and maybe I'll give you the Oklahama game...although I think Oklahoma pretty much won that game. But no way with Missouri. They shredded us, there's no two ways about it.

Now if you factor in the losses. Yes, ISU and Pitt could have gone either way. So you have 2 wins that could easily be losses and two losses that could be wins. That's a wash, putting our record right about where it should be.

Our record is what it is. I just put this out there for some discussion. Every year some teams get the bounce ( Ohio State a couple years back ) or they go against them. Other years (95 Huskers) the team is just head and shoulders above the closest competition. All I'm saying is, a couple plays this way or that and all the people trashing the Huskers are praising them and vise versa. So, can we see through the what ifs and the plays that could have been and be honest. We are young, a first year QB in new system talent on the rise --- things are looking up! Lets go win the next two and see if we can win vs a good team on the road. Heres hoping! <_<

Our record is what it is. I just put this out there for some discussion. Every year some teams get the bounce ( Ohio State a couple years back ) or they go against them. Other years (95 Huskers) the team is just head and shoulders above the closest competition. All I'm saying is, a couple plays this way or that and all the people trashing the Huskers are praising them and vise versa. So, can we see through the what ifs and the plays that could have been and be honest. We are young, a first year QB in new system talent on the rise --- things are looking up! Lets go win the next two and see if we can win vs a good team on the road. Heres hoping! <_<

Yes look through the what if and what nots. This team has improved. We can be a 8-3 team with a decent bowl.

<_< I'm new to the board but have benn reading for a number of months. Here are some thoughts looking at things from both sides.

1. If we would have taken a knee vs Tech We Win

2. If we don't fumble against Miss. we take the lead and go on to win? Maybee!

3. If we don't throw two interceptions that give OU 10 points - we Win.

Thats 4 plays that leave us undefeated.

Now the other side.

1. If Pitt makes the FG we lose.

2. If ISU makes a play we lose.

Thats 2 plays that leave us starring at 3-5.

We are young and the future looks bright. Redshirt Beck, it would be a waste of a year of eligability for take it off now. Recruit the line ( both offensive and def. ) because thats where you win or lose --- most of the time.

My thoughts --- thanks!

:sarcasm Oh, no Kirby! The 2005 huskers are worthless! They have no talent, everyone has out-recruited NU. Blah, blah, blah!

:thumbs you are exactly right, this team is not nearly as bad as detractors say! You see what you want to see. If you look for negatives, you'll find them.

NU17

KU3

:bounce